Could it work?Interested in the Dog Kennel and Dog House coop idea

I use a 10x6 dog kennel as a coop. I put my food and water in there. My girls free range all day.
I live in Calif where the weather is very mild. I have a tarp as a cover on top and add tarps on the side when it get really cold or rains.

I use dog kennels as a coop/run/breeding pens.

A started with tarps for tops but the mo weather destroyed them. The I went to cattle panels arched over them with tarps work well for a couple year. Now I just lay 2x6s across them and put sheet metal flat roof over them. Hold them down with tarp straps and corner posts.

Put doghouses in them for laying and shelter. Use 2x2 across the corners at an angle for a roost bar. Also give panels a little support.

Mostly after I'm done hatching and birds free range the pens are open as well as their chicken house. Some birds will roost in the pens all year. Til I kick them out.

For your price of pen your looking for check out craigslist. Usually a few on there for 100 to 150. At least around my area anyway.

If you could spend 300. Tsc stores have the better version of kennels as what other stores sell for the same price.

I love my kennel coop!!! Get one best thing ever!! I use it as a breeding pen and sometimes a grower pen as well!! No complaints tarp is going bad on roof will be making a roof for it here soon!

Back
Top Bottom