Could Zoe be ZACHARY? Late Blooming Roo?

i think she has some mighty manly looking tail feathers.

you didnt pretend like you wanted to hatch out all roos like i suggested, did you?

Last edited:
Sure I did, Beefy, but I cant fool anyone. My lot in life is to provide the best roosters to other people. As long as 3 of the 6 Orps in the brooder are girls, I'll be happy. I think at least half of the BRs from Kate's eggs are girls, so they wont be related in any way to Gabriel or Hawkeye and their barring is usually a bit finer and nicer. Should produce some beautiful BR chicks in the future.

Just what I thought. Wish he'd crow or something to seal the deal, so to speak, but Gabe hasn't even crowed at 13 weeks old. May be waiting awhile.
hmm.png

u know what i am going to be different and say it is a girl. I'm not that great at sexing but i have some that are around that age and they definatly have the saddle feathers going on. That chick of yours doesn;t really have prominent ones that i can tell of in the pic. hopefully it will let you know either way in a bit

You do see my problem-this baby is sort of in between. Its mom gave me fits and guess it must be hereditary, LOL. Thank goodness most of her chicks don't make me wait this long. Either way, I sure hope I can keep this one because it's got loads of personality and is super friendly.

Back
Top Bottom