Coyote Deterrent

jennygirl99

In the Brooder
Nov 8, 2023
This is my first post here so apologies. We had a coyote take our duck two days ago. We have put lights around our coop. Is this a good deterrent for coyotes? And does artificial light affect ducks at all? They are both boys. We are absolutely horrified of it coming back and getting into the coop for the other two.

This is my first post here so apologies. We had a coyote take our duck two days ago. We have put lights around our coop. Is this a good deterrent for coyotes? And does artificial light affect ducks at all? They are both boys. We are absolutely horrified of it coming back and getting into the coop for the other two.
Ducks are high risk of becoming injured and killed by foxes and coyotes. An electric poultry fence and secure duck house at night are recommended.

I am thinking a dog could scar them off. Coyotes hate domestic dogs because they relate them to people... And most coyotes should (if they show no signs of being afraid of you they might be rabid) be afraid of you.
Also as mentioned above cougar urine or pee works really well to deter them. Coyotes very strongly dislike any signs that a cougar is in the area.

Back
Top Bottom