Crafters- What are you making???

I love applique on quilts. Here is one I made for 1 of my granddaughters...

41069_goldensblanket.jpg

Even on the normal quilts I like to use applique to make it standout. The butter and dragonflies on this one, that I made for our oldest granddaughter, are appliqued on.

41069_leyla_w_granmas_blankee.jpg

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I'm your long lost grandaughter!!!

No, I'm the long lost grand-daughter from GA!
lau.gif

Those quilts are really beautiful! Great job!
love.gif

Do you have a close-up photo of the 1st one? I was trying to see what's in the grass...

Shelley

lau.gif
I always said I wanted a bunch of grandkids!!! Thank you!

Here's a bigger pic... I'm not sure how to get it any bigger. Sorry, it didn't come out any bigger after all! You'll have to hit "Cntrl +" if you want to see a bigger version (as many times as you need to). "Cntrl -" to shrink the screen back to normal.

41069_goldensblanket.jpg

The animals seen all represent qualities in Native American and Chinese folklore. The duck represents birds which bring life and vitality. The dragonflies are protectors and keep our dreams safe. The turtle stands for health, longevity and fertility. The rat stands for wealth and ingenuity and my granddaughter was born in the year of the pig and they symbolize patience, virtue and prosperity. The satin trim is done in gold because her name is "Golden". You'll have to hit "Cntrl +" if you want to see a bigger version (as many times as you need to). "Cntrl -" to shrink the screen back to normal.

Last edited:
Quote:
Morelcabin, can I steal your idea for my next blanket? I've never tried to put human figures on a blanket. I love your work! It's gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom