Crafters- What are you making???

LaSombra: LOL... no. But I did want to carry around one of those rubber chickens but forgot to buy one
sad.png
Would have been great!

Wow. I have missed this thread. I had to post so I will catch all the great things you all are making. Inspiration!
I love the bird house. My husband is the woodworker, so I will make sure he sees it!
wink.png

I am making hand poured 100% beeswax ornaments. These will be donated and sold at my Church's Annual Holiday Bazaar, but I will make more for Christmas gifts. I have made about 40 of the smaller ones and 12 of the larger ones so far.

The angels are approx 6" long and the smaller ones are about 3" and smell heavenly!
P1120494.jpg

Quote:
Oh, I love your quilt. I started on a quilting project this weekend, but I HATE the sewing machine. Guess that is why the only other 3 quilt tops I've done were done all by hand sewing. I wanted to whip up some quilt projects quick for Christmas, but I'm already feeling defeated. When the machine isn't bunching or breaking a thread, I can't seem to sew a straight and equal 1/4 inch seam to save my life.
he.gif

Quote:
Oh, I love your quilt. I started on a quilting project this weekend, but I HATE the sewing machine. Guess that is why the only other 3 quilt tops I've done were done all by hand sewing. I wanted to whip up some quilt projects quick for Christmas, but I'm already feeling defeated. When the machine isn't bunching or breaking a thread, I can't seem to sew a straight and equal 1/4 inch seam to save my life.
he.gif

I thought I was the only one who didn't like the sewing machine! I can sew well on a machine, but for some reason, when I sit down in front of it, I automatically go into a bad mood for no reason at all. LOL

I have a sticker in my sewing machine that says,"Don't start with me, You know how I get."
My sewing machine puts me in a bad mood. I used my husband's grandmother's old singer when we first married...I did not feel murderous. This one...
sad.png

Trying to arrange a semi/quasi-watercolor quilt I am making for a friend. Pulling out my hair, too. It's really more diagonal bands of color more than a typical, strictly watercolor arrangement, which I tried and can't get right to save my life. So here it is in progress. To whoever suggested I buy a cheapie vinyl, flannel backed tablecloth for a design board, THANK YOU! It was only $5 and works fabulously! I had regular flannel, but it didn't "catch" the pieces as well as this does.

348_dscn0447.jpg

Back
Top Bottom