Crafters- What are you making???

I am making shopping bags out of chicken feed and sunflower seed bags, (not the plain white). look at your bags and see the possibilities. I just cut the bag to size, top and bottom, hem the top, sew bottom together, square the bottom, and make handles out of what i cut off. Make sure you sew the bottom seam several times and really fasten the handles.
Also making aprons from vintage table cloths and using old white cloths to line.

(I have 4 buffs, lost two, 2 rhode island reds and a ameracuna, our broody buff hatched 9 little ones last year, eggs were purchased)

I made two of these and I don't think I will ever do seed beads again,lol I made two and one is for sale here on BYC
39741_hairclip_and_earrings_for_sale_001.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
The trick I found for working with seed beads is to lay them in a small pile on stiff leather, light colored for dark beads and dark colored for light beads). Take your needle and scoop through the pile and you'll get plenty on the needle. No need to try to pick up the beads one at a time!

I've used from 10-0 on brain tanned dresses & accessories to 16-0 for doll dresses.

btdress.jpg

btefigie.jpg

btbag.jpg

I've been spinning & knitting short row scarves using my hand spun for submission to Spin Off magazine.

And making milk soaps to replenish my farmer's market booth (it's an indoor market)

Tonight I'm giving a soap making class at the local community college

Back
Top Bottom