Crafters- What are you making???

Pics
Farmer Denise, do you ever decorate yule logs for winter soltice? I do, but haven't been really pleased with the results. I try using all natural stuff so that when we burn it, there's not noxious fumes, but mine just don't come out like I envision them.
Blessings, Kat

We make candy wreaths every year for our neighbors. I usually use Brach Peppermint Nougat candies with the Christmas tree design in the center. Here is a pic I found online...it looks very similiar to the ones we make. They're easy but tying the yarn is hard on your fingers!

wreath.jpg

Kat, I haven't done a proper yule log. When my friend had one, we had an outside fire and I really can't remember how she decorated it. But I think that if you used pine cones, dried lavender, cinnamon sticks and such using beeswax to fasten them, you would come out with a nice smelling log.
Denise

P.s. At every solstice celebration we set something on fire that wasn't part of the plan. Even though we really try not to. We are such sticklers for safety, that the younger generations gets quite a kick out of it.
We keep water handy.
lol.png

BuffHolligans, that is absolutely gorgeous!!
Cristina33-do you fill with corn? Would the dried lavendar go bad from freezing or heating in the microwave?? Love your chicken material.

Hi all!! OldDairyFarm, I am seriously interested in that cute wreath!! Please share the directions (on what, how huch of those candies, how tied on...)I love the cute and edible idea!!!! And NCCATNIP, I found a site called www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com where they sell alot of 24lb or bigger blocks of melt and pour, the glycerin (pure enough!) and the goats milk and others....seems like a good price compared to what I have seen retail. Looks like they also carry alot of scents and molds and I saw those popular diffuser sticks with orange/vanilla oil on the site the other day, they give off smell for weeks-- (smell great but have to put the bottle where it won't get knocked over or worse yet, drunk by a little kid). I was pleased with the site and their products.

don't forget me with the details Dairyfarm on that cute wreath!! that will be a PERFECT neighbor gift, thanks for sharing!! Darlene

So lets see, I'm of course giving family members a gift basket with all sorts of stuff. Soap, Candles, Bath Salts, Bath Oil and so on. I have a couple of shaving soap kits that I made a while back that I didn't want to carry as a regular product. It's a cup with shaving soap in it and it comes with a shaving brush. The men in my family will get one of those. My dad already uses one and he says his face feels like a baby's bottom.
lol.png

Well, I have been buying soaps for gifts and thought I would make some wash cloths to go with them
These are lined with coordinating flannel and fully reversible. They are a tube for better control. I may start offering them on my Etsy site, too!
(Sorry, Southern28, it is not your soap in the pic. I don't have it yet. You just shipped it out)
18_12-1_009.jpg

18_12-1_010.jpg

18_12-1_011.jpg

Back
Top Bottom