CRAIGSLIST: Dumb stuff callers say when answering your listing

People use quail for fighting? Huh, I've never heard of that. My dad likes to hunt quail and typically asks his breeder for the extra cocks, because he'll sell them cheaper. Same for if we just want to eat them, the roos are usually cheaper and a little bigger.
I can see some religious ritual, sort of. Again, do those voo-dooish religions use quail for that type of thing? Don't they typically use chickens? Sorry, I'm not trying to start some heated topic, I'm just genuinely curious
1f60a.png

I didn't say that they use quail for fighting, but I know they will use smaller calmer birds as "punching bags" for their fighting birds, so it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to use some quail for that. But after learning about the different religious ceramonies and them being used for hunting, that would probably be more likely.

People use quail for fighting? Huh, I've never heard of that. My dad likes to hunt quail and typically asks his breeder for the extra cocks, because he'll sell them cheaper. Same for if we just want to eat them, the roos are usually cheaper and a little bigger.
I can see some religious ritual, sort of. Again, do those voo-dooish religions use quail for that type of thing? Don't they typically use chickens? Sorry, I'm not trying to start some heated topic, I'm just genuinely curious
1f60a.png

never heard of people fighting quail or using them in religious settings.. having studied various pagan/ancient/nature (whichever name you prefer to give them) religions I can pretty much say that gardnerian wiccans usually won't mess with killing a bird of any sort.. a few of the offshoots may be a different story since there are so many variations
Shamanistic religions will use parts of which ever bird is their spirit guide / totem animal (and most will eat the meat if it's a chicken or turkey as to not waste any of the bird)
a green witch would prefer crows and ravens (owls also but there is a legal issue with those).. course there could also be a variation where one MIGHT use quail.. though, again, I have never heard of it
voodoo, hoodoo and so on prefer chickens.. never heard of any using quail

I dont think quail is normally used for any religion. But.... The timing of it all being right before Halloween an the comments make me think the person was out of time an would take what he could get but just wanted to make sure they had claws. The fact that they asked tells me they know nothing about quail other than its sorta like a chicken.

they may also want them for dog training.. and if it's someone new to training dogs to quail they may not be familiar with the "claws" aspect.. lol

Did the ad state if they were Bobs or Coturnix? (I don't remember seeing it mentioned)...

I think they said the are button quail.

The quail are buttons, which I cannot imagine trying to eat. I think the punching bag theory is spot on. The email also came at a weird time. Some people use button quail for hunting, but they do not fly, so other birds would work better. Maybe dog training? In my area there is a cock fighting problem, and I did not like the question about the claws. Another interesting thing is that I did not hear back from the guy. Usually if I put any sort of criticism (about incorrect information, spelling, etc.) in the email, I hear back about how the buyer is sorry, or how I am wrong, or how they were right.

Yesterday I posted some 1 week chocolate wyandotte chicks for sale and got a call just before 11.00pm (thought it was DH calling) from a guy wanting the chicks "for fighting and eating" . He seemed convinced that the chocolate color would make them good for fighting.

Anywho I told him I would not sell them to him.

He then went on and on and offered me $40 a chick, and said his friend would call and not tell me they were for fighting.

I said bye and hung up.
smack.gif

Yesterday I posted some 1 week chocolate wyandotte chicks for sale and got a call just before 11.00pm (thought it was DH calling) from a guy wanting the chicks "for fighting and eating" . He seemed convinced that the chocolate color would make them good for fighting.

He then went on and on and offered me $40 a chick, and said his friend would call and not tell me they were for fighting.

I said bye and hung up.
smack.gif

LOL! good luck getting them to fight. people must be out of their minds
th.gif

1f60a.png

in some countries, quail fighting is a huge sport, and is done same as cock fighting. the quail used are extremely aggressive to each other and fight like pit game cocks.

it's either a species of quail that are naturally very aggressive or maybe there are lines of quail bred for fighting. as far as I could see from documentaries, they looked like slender coturnix.

I said bye and hung up.
smack.gif

Maybe he meant he wants to watch them fight each other at feeding time...? HA.

some lines of fighting birds have rather unusual colors like pumpkin hulseys, etc I wonder if that's his association of choc color with fighting...? utterly stupid and rude to boot anyways.

Back
Top Bottom