CRAIGSLIST: Dumb stuff callers say when answering your listing

I hear you!!!

I currently have an ad on CL for (short list) of chicks that have just hatched and are available. Silkie is mentioned no-where.

Why is it that this weekend I have had 3 calls asking for POL silkie pullets?????

Last edited:
Cockfighting is a real problem in the SF Bay Area. There are ads for fighting chickens on Craig's List. I've had to explain for those unfamiliar with the concept of cockers that they really do get more than $100 for a single cock.

There is a large cockpit down by Gilroy; it is impossible to miss, off the highway heading towards Los Banos. There are rooster teepees all over the place, a barn with its doors left open, cars all over, and bleachers set up in there. Despite repeated calls to the sheriff's office, it seems that the officers of the law are unable to locate it and shut it down, even when told exactly where it is.

I've often thought that it would make sense to legalize sparring between cocks with training muffs on them; it might end the incredible cruelty of the underground fights. Illegal cockfighting in California is associated with criminal gangs, often illegals from Mexico or Central America. There is a lot of money to be made in the associated gambling. A legal chicken boxing match with legal regulated betting might take some of the profit away from the gangsters and mean fewer injured or crippled birds.

Yes, I know my attitude is controversial, but absolutely no one agrees with my alternative suggestion, which is the death penalty for anyone who attends or runs a cockfight.

Yes, I know my attitude is controversial, but absolutely no one agrees with my alternative suggestion, which is the death penalty for anyone who attends or runs a cockfight.

oh don't be so sure that no one agrees with you...
wink.png

my opinion of dog fighting and cock fighting has always been.. if those guys want a fight let THEM get in a ring and beat each other senseless... leave the critters out of it!

I posted an add on Cl a while back for some mixed breed chicks (way to young to sex). A guy calls me, he sounds like he is from India, and I can barley understand anything he is saying. All I can remember understanding is roosters an farmers market. First off my add was for chicks and two I have never even to a farmers market. I told him multiple times sir I can't understand you. Finally after him going on and me not knowing but 3 words he said I said Sir I am sorry but I cannot understand, If you want to email or text me that is fine, but I have got to go, bye and sorry. So he texts me saying he saw my add for roosters on CL. I never had an add for roosters on CL. He didn't end up buying any chicks from me.

"Do you take payments?"

"Absolutely!" and they sigh with relief. "You keep coming over and paying me until you have paid off the car, and then you get the keys!"

[puzzled look on their sad faces] "But.... we want to take it now."

"I thought you said you wanted to make payments." [my own pretend puzzled look] "Wal-Mart doesn't give you the clothes and then just pray you make your lay-away payments so...."

Back
Top Bottom