CRAIGSLIST: Dumb stuff callers say when answering your listing

We listed a horse on craig's list with a very detailed ad and 4 photos (every side) We then went through 15 email, 2 phone calls, and multiple texts asking questions about things already in the ad.

Has she been around cattle? How does she act? In the photo she has a calf at the end of the rope and is completly still/calm

Can you rope off of her? see above

Is she exactly 16 hh? We said approx. she is 16.1 if you are being picky....will that extra inch really make or break the deal? Won't she fit in the trailer?

and we had to repeat our answers more than once...

they did FINALLY come and ride her (didn't bring a trailer) but have not heard anything more and at this point are not sure we want her to go to anyone who cannot figure out such simple things as a classified ad.

"Where is Trenton Ga"

Apparently they understand Craigslist but cant Google maps.

Then again maybe not cause sometimes they later say..

"Oh, I didnt know it was that far."

They are in Florida looking at ads in Chattanooga Tn craigslist...

So the Eastern NC craigslist isn't the only one. LOL

As others have posted we get "will you hold them" " I see you have this but I'm looking for something else" .

One good one last year. "can I come by when I get off work, What time do you get off work? I work 3pm to 11 PM shift"

And the people that come to buy poultry and don't bring anything to put them in. Sorry folks I don't supply cages nor boxes.

Last but not least, "If I don't want them can I bring them back for a refund"

So the Eastern NC craigslist isn't the only one. LOL

As others have posted we get "will you hold them" " I see you have this but I'm looking for something else" .

One good one last year. "can I come by when I get off work, What time do you get off work? I work 3pm to 11 PM shift"

And the people that come to buy poultry and don't bring anything to put them in. Sorry folks I don't supply cages nor boxes.

Last but not least, "If I don't want them can I bring them back for a refund"
To prevent the will you hold them? why not put in the ad the first come first served with cabbage in hand (cash)....

Quote: Tired it. Does not work. Everyone seems to think they are special.
If I where in the buyer's shoes and needed to wait till payday I think I would call the person and tell them if they haven't sold the thing in question then by such and such time on such and such time call me between x and x and see what happens, might luck out (and be less of a pain in the you know what)

If I where in the buyer's shoes and needed to wait till payday I think I would call the person and tell them if they haven't sold the thing in question then by such and such time on such and such time call me between x and x and see what happens, might luck out (and be less of a pain in the you know what)
I try to be nice an tell people to call me then an if I still have it I will sell it to them but I can not hold it. Years of doing this an I have figured out that most never called back on Friday...

I posted an ad on Craigslist for 6 week old meat rabbits with pictures of the bunnies, callers asked if they were bred Does? Other times they say they want 3, whenever I am in their neck of the woods( usually far far away)! But the best was a call we got last night, about 9PM, from a lady that said she would like to come right over and get 4 before they were all gone. Hubby told her it was pretty late and could she come in the morning? She said sure, how do I get there? Ad has address and map, so he answered, which direction are you coming from? Her reply was South. He asked if she could be a little more specific? Her reply was sure, I'm about 20 miles due South of LA and was driving. Hubby informed her that the LA in the ad was Louisiana, not Los Angelas, so it would take a few days to drive here, so she might want to look for some on a California Craigslist! I don't mean to laugh at anyone, but didn't she see the zip, city and state in the ad, Map was included and she had to call long distance! She then asked if we delivered? TO CALIFORNIA? We were laughing for an hour on this one!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom