Crazy 24 hour auction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people that have sent me eggs in cartons have either wrapped the eggs in a small piece of bubble wrap, or they use toilet paper or paper towels. Some even use wood shavings. The key is to make sure the eggs don't move around inside the carton! If they bump the top or each other, that's when they crack. I have never had luck sending eggs in cartons, but have received many in cartons that were just fine. I prefer to free float mine in the box, individually bubble wrapped, then wrapped together with bubble wrap, with shredded or crumpled paper in there, or packing peanuts, if I have any.

Quote:
sad.png
i only have frillbacks to spoil. mabe next time.
hu.gif

Quote:
i individual wrap them with bubble wrap except the welsummers makes em to big for cartons. i use a thin foam like pouch for them. if they r smaller eggs i put peanuts between the row and on top to fill the carton. if not all spaces r full i add bubbles/paper crumpled or peanuts in the empty spots so can't bounce. then i tape the cartons shut on both ends. i've had them shipped in to me about 50 different ways,lol. some work, some don't, some come smashed to pieces with egg dripping. if they r packed good and tight that is the main key to keep em from moveing as much as possible.

Quote:
i individual wrap them with bubble wrap except the welsummers makes em to big for cartons. i use a thin foam like pouch for them. if they r smaller eggs i put peanuts between the row and on top to fill the carton. if not all spaces r full i add bubbles/paper crumpled or peanuts in the empty spots so can't bounce. then i tape the cartons shut on both ends. i've had them shipped in to me about 50 different ways,lol. some work, some don't, some come smashed to pieces with egg dripping. if they r packed good and tight that is the main key to keep em from moveing as much as possible.

Or ya could do like I did on my first batch that I shipped I must of gotten them too tight, There was a couple broke when the person got them.. I felt horrible But I had used a #4 box with one of those packs of air on the bottom I think I sent 8 eggs wrapped in bubblewrap and another air thingy and some newspaper.. THEY WAS SNUG!! SO far I've not had any others arrive broke..YAY..

I would like to offer up 12+ White Leghorn eggs. They are superb layers of large white eggs. Fertility has been very high with even some 100% rates on shipped eggs! These will ship out Wednesday or Thursday depending on how many eggs the girls feel like laying. Shipping will be $12 and a reserve of $5. Thanks!

Quote:
I can vouche for these! They arrived during our nasty snow storm here in NC and I had 27 of 30 to hatch! The others developed, but didn't make it out of the shell.

Offer 100 ringneck hen chicks day old, hatching week of april 20th,take paypal. Please start bid at 40.00, box and shipping add 20.00 can check my feedback on eggbid user name craft. last bunch of chicks sold on eggbid for 77.00 so a deal for BYC Members here

4-and-4 Deal:

4 Fawn Silver Duckwing OEGB eggs
4 Silver Sebright eggs

No reserve - just bid what you think they are worth. Shipping is $8.00 with delivery confirmation. Instant paypal, only, please. These will go out Monday with prompt payment. Extras will be sent if available.

july30002.jpg

cochins010.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom