~~Crazy 24hr Auction~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I didn't use a thermostat but I do think I would rig one in for next time. Less of a hassle. From what I understand wafer thermostats work very well, are cheap, and will function as you would need the to in a an incubator.

Mrheinz, I have never seen IA Blues before, but he is certainly a pretty bird. May I ask what color of eggs they lay and how their temperament is?

The Iowa Blue lay anywhere from a tinted egg to a light brown, almost similar to Sussex eggs. They are ideal for free range flocks. The roosters are very good to their flock. It is said they will take on a hawk and win. I bought my flock in July and they were skittish. Now if I walk in the coop the rooster comes to see what is going on and if I am bringing treats. The hens are getting better. They will go broody and make good moms. I haven't experienced this but I was told by others.
There is a group working on this breed to get them back to a true birchen color without mossiness. We also hope toi get them accepted into the SOP in the future.
Thanks for asking.

No free ranging at my place. We are casually looking for more land but so far nothing in our price rNge. I'm going to have to start a list of what types of birds I want when I can free range! Iowa Blues would have to go on it. Very pretty with the contrasting feather colors. Thanks for the info.

Mine can't free range. They love it when I pull weeds in the flower bed next to there coop and throw it in for them. If I walk to the garden they all stand at the fence watching me. If I let me birds free range, the neighbors with machine sheds behind me shoots them. They do fine cooped.

Quote:
Build one and the water heater thermos work just fine. You need to just adjust them until you have the right temp. The main thing is to have your thermostate right up next to the light and about 1/4 to 1/2 inch from the wall of the container.

I have 3 built with these and they work great. Matter of fact I'm using my Sportsman lately and the home made ones work better.

Look at all the designs on this site and you'll be able to make one in about 20 minutes. They're easy.

Then you too can become a hatchaholic
thumbsup.gif

big_smile.png
I will have to hang tight for a while, hubby is not happy with the 8 chickens I have and I would have to build a much bigger coop and more run to have more...
fl.gif
I will be working on him this winter...
lau.gif
I bought the chickens before I had any where to put them and he was at work, so I am on thin ice now...
hugs.gif

I have from the last 2 days about 25 mille calico cochin bantam project eggs and there are
some eggs from my pen of black with mottled roo. I am asking $20. for all of them that
includes shipping. I Should have about 30 eggs total if you want them. I would like to ship
Tuesday . Thanks my paypal is [email protected]

Last edited:
I have two offers to offer.

1. 12+ Partridge and Blue Partridge silkie/showgirl eggs. Starting at $15 shipping $15

I have Partridge and Blue Partridge silkies and two showgirls in this group. I haven't hatched out any showgirls yet but there is a chance. They are laying great. The winner can buy a second dozen for $10. I will ship these tomorrow.

Parent stock

12415_101_1633.jpg

12415_101_1628.jpg

12415_101_1627.jpg

2. 6+ Black and Blue Copper Marans. Starting at $10 shipping $10

I have black and blue copper roosters over black and blue hens. The eggs are dark right now not as dark as they were when they first started laying.

My Copper Marans roosters
12415_dsc_2330.jpg

12415_100_2996.jpg

12415_100_2974.jpg

I will combine shipping. If the same person buyings both auctions. Shipping is only $20 for both. That saves you $5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom