Crazy easy way to make hard boiled eggs

chickensista

Songster
11 Years
Feb 23, 2008
CT
OK, I've been trying various methods to hard boil my eggs,peel them, and still end up with something resembling an egg. Some success, but nothing I'd want to use for say deviled eggs.

So last weekend my husband asks if I want a boiled egg. Sure. He hands me the most perfectly peeled egg oblivious to the miracle he has performed. Casually I ask him how he made the eggs.

Get the water boiling first - rapid boil. Add a dash of salt. Gently lower eggs in with a ladle. 14 minutes later drain and put in cold water so they are cool enough to handle. Peel.

I tried it tonight to see if I could duplicate the perfect egg. The eggs practically roll out of the shell. I have almost intact shells. Sooo easy.
ya.gif

Now, do I tell him how amazing he is?
bow.gif

Oh my god! I tried it and it WORKED! Look!

14075_100_3236.jpg

and these were all mixed sized eggs, from tiny Japanese eggs to a giant double yolker! They were perfect. I did it just the way the miracle hubby did! Boiled water first, ladeled eggs in, boiled for 15 minutes, doused in COLD water, and peeled!

I havent made such succesful eggs in years! Now I can finally make deviled eggs. Not a discolored yolk in the bunch!

Thank you, Thank you, and THANK YOU!!

All my eggs are fresh.
tongue.png

I just kept looking for the easiest method to use with fresh eggs. My fridge is crowded enough - I don't have a special nook to age my eggs.

I think its perfect. No aging, no pricking, no multiple timing methods. Works for me!

I put the eggs in a pot,just enough water to cover them,bring the water to a hard boil. Turn off the heat.Then cover with a lid,and let stand for 20 minutes. Works great for me.No softees yet!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I was afraid they would too, especially since I brought a whole bunch from the fridge, but I used the ladle, and put them in two at a time, and didnt let them smack the bottom, not a one cracked! The water was at a rolling boil, and the eggs were right out of the fridge, and I set my timer for 15 minutes, and actually was a little late to answer it, cause I was here..
cool.png
and they still came out perfect!

I didnt bother with the salt, I think that is more for eggs benedict, and it didnt seem to make a difference. I am convinced, I have had egg salad this morning, and smirked the whole time!
big_smile.png

Thanks again!

Alright, I finally tried it. I selected 6 of the freshest eggs I have (1 to 2 days old). Not refrigerated...I keep mine on the counter. I put a pot of water on and turned the stove on hig...got to a full boil and ladled the eggs in....and waited. I did 16 min. just too be sure everything was done WELL. Drained the hot water and added ice and water. Waited about 5 min and took a deep breath. NO FLIPPING WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every single egg was PERFECT! I mean 100% perfect. No white stuck to shells anywhere, all my yolks were centered perfectly, the yolks were a gorgeous yellow not discolored at all. I am in a state of serious shock right now. My deviled eggs don't have to hide anymore!!!

This method worked for me and I used some eggs that were laid the same morning. When I pour the hot water off I shake the eggs really hard in the pot casuing the shells to crack. When I put the ice and water in the opot the shells almost float off.

I also heard a cool hint today. When you are making deviled eggs, take the yolk and all of the other ingrediants and put them in a hevy duty plasic ziplock bag. Knead everthing together until mixed, then snip the corner of the bag and use like a pastry bag.

I boil hard and then do a fast ice bath , the come out 90% perfect every time. its the ICE cool down IMO that shrinks up the "skin" off the egg.

I go about 14 min too on fresh ones otherwise I font the yolk just a tad under done.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom