Crazy easy way to make hard boiled eggs

chickensista

Songster
11 Years
Feb 23, 2008
CT
OK, I've been trying various methods to hard boil my eggs,peel them, and still end up with something resembling an egg. Some success, but nothing I'd want to use for say deviled eggs.

So last weekend my husband asks if I want a boiled egg. Sure. He hands me the most perfectly peeled egg oblivious to the miracle he has performed. Casually I ask him how he made the eggs.

Get the water boiling first - rapid boil. Add a dash of salt. Gently lower eggs in with a ladle. 14 minutes later drain and put in cold water so they are cool enough to handle. Peel.

I tried it tonight to see if I could duplicate the perfect egg. The eggs practically roll out of the shell. I have almost intact shells. Sooo easy.
ya.gif

Now, do I tell him how amazing he is?
bow.gif

I boil hard and then do a fast ice bath , the come out 90% perfect every time. its the ICE cool down IMO that shrinks up the "skin" off the egg.

I go about 14 min too on fresh ones otherwise I font the yolk just a tad under done.

Last edited:
14 minutes are the yolks discolored? Thats a long time to be boiling

Wildsky - I did use my XL-XXL eggs. They were very hard boiled (like I like 'em) and no discoloration.

t
s the ICE cool down IMO that shrinks up the "skin" off the egg.

Heather - thats what I thought too. But it rarely worked for me despite using the various methods. I didn't use an ice bath just put cold water in the pan until they were cool enough to handle.

Around here though, if we want to make REALLY fluffy cakes or boiled eggs, we just leave them on the counter for a week or so.

Silkie - I'm sure mine would get knocked on the floor somehow. Counter-surfing dog or 4 yr old. Or my pre-coffee daze...

I'm just happy I can serve deviled eggs to people and not be embarrassed!
wee.gif

I put the eggs in a pot,just enough water to cover them,bring the water to a hard boil. Turn off the heat.Then cover with a lid,and let stand for 20 minutes. Works great for me.No softees yet!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Oh my god! I tried it and it WORKED! Look!

14075_100_3236.jpg

and these were all mixed sized eggs, from tiny Japanese eggs to a giant double yolker! They were perfect. I did it just the way the miracle hubby did! Boiled water first, ladeled eggs in, boiled for 15 minutes, doused in COLD water, and peeled!

I havent made such succesful eggs in years! Now I can finally make deviled eggs. Not a discolored yolk in the bunch!

Thank you, Thank you, and THANK YOU!!

I havent made such succesful eggs in years! Now I can finally make deviled eggs. Not a discolored yolk in the bunch!

Isn't it exciting! LOL Enjoy those deviled eggs.
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom