Crazy easy way to make hard boiled eggs

It works!!!!! These are eggs from TODAY!!! I waited until the water came to a boil, then put the eggs in with a ladle. Boiled for 15 minutes (maybe over kill but wanted to be sure they were done) and they peeled EASILY!!!

I'm a believer
bow.gif

DSC03746.jpg

ep.gif

I can't wait to try that! (I can't wait for my pullets to start laying so I can try it
wink.png
)

two questions:

Okay do you have to peel right away for it to peel nicely?

Also how long do boiled eggs last in the fridge peeled and unpeeled.
I am awful at cooking so I apologize for such newbie questions.

Not sure. I let them sit in cold water (kept changing it) for about 10-15 minutes before I peeled. I can't tell you how many eggs I fed to the dogs because they wouldn't peel!!!

I know at Easter my dad eats hard boiled eggs for a good couple weeks. Would probably keep eating them but mom tosses them LOL.

You may have just saved my life (though I am a skeptic and have to see for myself). We LOVE deviled eggs and I have almost quit making them because there are no whites left to put the yolk back in.
sad.png
It is almost 9:00 PM and I am tempted to go boil some eggs!!!!
smile.png

Quote:
I swear this worked. I tossed 2 dozen eggs at Thanksgiving because I couldn't peel them. I've always put them in the water and then boiled them. This time I followed the directions and boiled the water first. They didn't crack and they peeled beautifully. My egg salad sandwich(es)! were wonderful!!! I will only cook them this way from now on.

Okay so you got my intrest, I am going to the kitchen right now and try this super duper extra easy new way fangled way, this had better work hehehe. Thanks for the tip.

AL

Will report back in 15 min. doing 1 1/2 doz, these were eggs that were layed today, so they are as fresh as they come.

Last edited:
Well I boiled the eggs as instructed to the tee, and DRUM ROLLLLL.

They came out absolutely perfect, such a small change to the method made a huge differance, and keep in mind these were layed today, and did not even have an air pocket in the end of the egg. and some peeled like an orange in a spiral, how cool is that. I used to keep my oldest eggs for boiling only, now I can use fresh.

thank you so very much for the tip, it will make a big difference in our kitchen.

AL

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom