Crazy easy way to make hard boiled eggs

I poke a tiny hole in the bottom of the eggs before I drop them in boiling water. After they are done cooking I let them set in the hot water for 10 min. Then drop them (so that they crack slighly) into cold water for another 10. You can peel after that or drain them and put them in the fridge for awhile and they peel even easier.

Quote:
I usually have to boil mine for at least 20 minutes , if not I get runny , sticky yolks .
hu.gif

Quote:
I was afraid they would too, especially since I brought a whole bunch from the fridge, but I used the ladle, and put them in two at a time, and didnt let them smack the bottom, not a one cracked! The water was at a rolling boil, and the eggs were right out of the fridge, and I set my timer for 15 minutes, and actually was a little late to answer it, cause I was here..
cool.png
and they still came out perfect!

I didnt bother with the salt, I think that is more for eggs benedict, and it didnt seem to make a difference. I am convinced, I have had egg salad this morning, and smirked the whole time!
big_smile.png

Thanks again!

All my eggs are fresh.
tongue.png

I just kept looking for the easiest method to use with fresh eggs. My fridge is crowded enough - I don't have a special nook to age my eggs.

I think its perfect. No aging, no pricking, no multiple timing methods. Works for me!

I have heard, that if you use OLD eggs, they will be better to peel when boiled.

I like the idea of hardboilin them then the ice water cool off.

I used to toss in a bunch of eggs(with shell) in my soup crock pot.

MY dw told me its discusting.. to cook soup with the boiling eggs.....

So i have mended my evil ways but i dont recall having a problem with those eggs.. cept sometimes the shells werent pretty.

best to you

chickensista wrote:

Now, do I tell him how amazing he is?
Yes, you do.

Be imaginative!

I could be imaginative. But then I'd have him in the kitchen all the time trying to figure out the next miracle.
gig.gif

Oh thank you!!! Or rather, tell hubby thank you! I can't tell you how many eggs I've boiled for deviled eggs, only to not be able to peel them (and they were at least a week old). I'll definitely try this!!!!!
bow.gif

Back
Top Bottom