Crazy easy way to make hard boiled eggs

And wouldn't that be wonderful?
thumbsup.gif

Oh thank you!!! Or rather, tell hubby thank you! I can't tell you how many eggs I've boiled for deviled eggs, only to not be able to peel them (and they were at least a week old). I'll definitely try this!!!!!
bow.gif

It works!!!!! These are eggs from TODAY!!! I waited until the water came to a boil, then put the eggs in with a ladle. Boiled for 15 minutes (maybe over kill but wanted to be sure they were done) and they peeled EASILY!!!

I'm a believer
bow.gif

DSC03746.jpg

ep.gif

I can't wait to try that! (I can't wait for my pullets to start laying so I can try it
wink.png
)

two questions:

Okay do you have to peel right away for it to peel nicely?

Also how long do boiled eggs last in the fridge peeled and unpeeled.
I am awful at cooking so I apologize for such newbie questions.

Not sure. I let them sit in cold water (kept changing it) for about 10-15 minutes before I peeled. I can't tell you how many eggs I fed to the dogs because they wouldn't peel!!!

I know at Easter my dad eats hard boiled eggs for a good couple weeks. Would probably keep eating them but mom tosses them LOL.

You may have just saved my life (though I am a skeptic and have to see for myself). We LOVE deviled eggs and I have almost quit making them because there are no whites left to put the yolk back in.
sad.png
It is almost 9:00 PM and I am tempted to go boil some eggs!!!!
smile.png

Quote:
I swear this worked. I tossed 2 dozen eggs at Thanksgiving because I couldn't peel them. I've always put them in the water and then boiled them. This time I followed the directions and boiled the water first. They didn't crack and they peeled beautifully. My egg salad sandwich(es)! were wonderful!!! I will only cook them this way from now on.

Back
Top Bottom