Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Pics
So I have a bunch of white leghorn crosses with unknown daddies :) Possible roos are Lavender Ameraucana, Cuckoo Marans, CCL, Isbar, Buff Orp or RIR.

I have several pretty chickies that look like this. What is your best guess at who the daddy is?

Last edited:
The Lavender Ameraucana is all the ladies favorite. The CCL and the Cuckoo Marans get lucky when he isn't looking and the ladies can't get away, LOL! The RIR gets run off constantly and I have never seen the BO even attempt.
well I don't think the lav am would have maid wing coloration like that on the babies. They would probably be almost all white since lavender needs to copy's with a few spots of color here and there which would be black since that's their base color.. Id say its the CCL or the Cuckoo Marans that are the daddy's . The color in the wings looks exactly like the color in my RIW x CCl.> but its only the males that have got the look of barring like that. Also RIW are used for sex links and I don't think White Leghorn are because their White is so dominate. So its hard to say but definitely the CCL is very possibly the dad. Although you cant rule out the Cuckoo

So I have a bunch of white leghorn crosses with unknown daddies :) Possible roos are Lavender Ameraucana, Cuckoo Marans, CCL, Isbar, Buff Orp or RIR.

I have several pretty chickies that look like this. What is your best guess at who the daddy is?

I would look at other factors besides feathers . White legs are dominant and yellow recessive. Leghorns have yellow legs, Marans And BO have white. CCL and RIR have yellow, AM have slate and can't remember on isbars.

On my screen the legs look more white than yellow or willow. Is that correct? If they are white I would have to guess Marans since you aren't seeing the BO have any action. I would expect to see muffs at least a little bit if it were the Ameraucana and I don't see that at all. Cuties for sure! If the legs are yellow maybe the CCL since you don't think the RIR is successful at courting the ladies.

I would look at other factors besides feathers . White legs are dominant and yellow recessive. Leghorns have yellow legs, Marans And BO have white. CCL and RIR have yellow, AM have slate and can't remember on isbars.

On my screen the legs look more white than yellow or willow. Is that correct? If they are white I would have to guess Marans since you aren't seeing the BO have any action. I would expect to see muffs at least a little bit if it were the Ameraucana and I don't see that at all. Cuties for sure! If the legs are yellow maybe the CCL since you don't think the RIR is successful at courting the ladies.
Yes, the legs are a pinkish white color! The wings are sort of a barring pattern - so probably the CM :) The other look I mainly see is the yellow with gray/black/silver spots and what looks like various degrees of muffs/beards. I have two that are far less fluffy and are the color of peanut butter - guessing the RIR is their daddy. And I have maybe 3 that are solid yellow with yellow legs and no variation.

So my two chicks will be 4 weeks old on Sunday, so I thought I'd post some newer pictures. For anyone who hasn't read all the previous posts, they are both presumed to be females.

The daddy:

And the light chick:

Here is a picture of the momma of the light chick, a white EE:

And the black chick:

And the momma of the black chick, a silver Cochin:

Such cute chicks TheFF. Too bad the white chick didn't get a beard and muffs. I love fluffy faces.
I think they look like pullets also, so far.
Very pretty Hens also.

Quote: Thanks! And I will second the cute fluffy faces. I hope the light one ends up having some color come through. I'm not too sure about that though. I'm not a huge fan of solid white...

I love solid white birds, just not in my flock lol. In bad weather they look so dirty. You should see my white turkeys right now agh so muddy they look pitiful.

Back
Top Bottom