Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Pics
So, what color eggs would my Cream Roo over red sex-link hens make? Same question for Cochin hens. I just really don't want light blue egg layers, I'd like to be able to tell all the eggs apart. Otherwise I'll have to have a separate layer flock coop and run, which we don't really want.

So, what color eggs would my Cream Roo over red sex-link hens make? Same question for Cochin hens. I just really don't want light blue egg layers, I'd like to be able to tell all the eggs apart. Otherwise I'll have to have a separate layer flock coop and run, which we don't really want.

My guess is they would be green.

My CL x SLC are nearing point of lay so I should find out soon.

Ron,

Have you tried doing the Amelia Project using a CP Roo and CL hen, or do you know of anyone who has? I've only breed Amelias using a CL roo and CP hen. It would be interesting if the babies would look different.
there would be no difference in look on the chicks....as both cross will result in the same genotype outcome.... e+/eb s+/s+ B/B for males and e+/eb s+/- B/- for females...

A pic from today

Found some photos of an OE rooster which is the result of the Cream Legbar X Crele Penedesenca hybrids. This is a good example of the roosters that hatch from this project. They typcially look like Crested Cream Legbars with white legs.

Quote:
you just cant leave pics here without letting us know the parents of such cross...... :(
Same ones just bigger. The tan and grey chipmunk pattern babies i got from my CCL X barred cochin. except for their breast color and feathered feet they basically look exactly like CCL. no crest on these though. These two are the same size as eachother so far. Their almost as big as my original CCL rooster i used to make them . I think there going to get allot bigger. Im going to breed these f2 togeather take the F3 and breed them back to the cochins and try to make legbar colored cochins.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom