Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Pics
Males will look like a barred dark brahma with some salmon red on the shoulders and straw hackles ( salmon develops as the bird ages). The barring will be poor and zonal ( breast, tail and mid-wings), The amount of red and straw color can vary from none to a diluted salmon phenotype. The barring in the hackles will dilute the hackle color- barring will be very poor. It all depends on the amount of hackle black the males will express if the barring is distinct or blurry.

The females will show indistinct penciling- like a poorly penciled dark brahma.

Body size for male and female should be between CCL and brahma, Combs will be a strange looking- a single comb with a pea comb on top. Females will have a small weird looking comb, Blue to green egg layers. Most likely green egg layers.

This all depends upon if the chickens are purebred for the genes they should carry. I am not saying your birds are hybrids- birds even shows birds do not always carry the same genes.

Tim
Wow! Thanks, that is a pretty detailed description. It doesn't sound like a cross I will make on purpose.

Hello everyone, I have here Cream Legbar Silver Sussex cross chicks. I am pretty much 100% sure these are sex linked. I have three more that I have hatched since and they are all just like the little red one. I sure hope I am right anyway. We are excited to see what grows out of these chicks and what color eggs they will lay.

Those are sexlinks. The reds are pullets the yellows are roosters.

Very nice cross
thumbsup.gif

edit to ask is it CL roo X SS hens? If yes they are sexlink, if no they are not.

Last edited:
I have new 8 week old pictures of the Cream Legbar X Crele Pene crossed back to Crele Pene:

Pullet:

Cockerel

Yep that is it CCL roo and SS hen. Thank you for the conformation.
Silver Sussex are ER Birchen at the e locus, a cross between CCL x Silver Sussex would have yielded All black chicks with a headspots..

Silver Sussex

Chicks
Quote:

Now if the SS he is Not pure and maybe she was cross with Light Sussex I would agree that the chicks would be e+/eWh where the e+ comes from the CL male and eWh(wheaten) comes from the Light sussex side of Silver Sussex mother, the Mother would have to be ER/eWh instead of pure ER/ER... but thats the ONLY way as if the hen is PURE then she is not the mother and you would have to investigate what other pullets or hens could be the possible mother... she would have to be Silver as I see the clearly Sex linked nature of such cross(gold females and Silver males)

Back
Top Bottom