Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Thanks
big_smile.png

Not too shabby for the first generation. I think I can get better markings for the next generation and then they will really look great!

They are always the first chicken people want so I am going to play around with them a bit
droolin.gif

Anyone on here with Ice Cream Bars? or are you saying IsCreamBars...

do you have any chicks showing barring? I guess it would actually take to F2 at the earliest to have a autosexing. Does anyone think that a barred-Isbar x Cream Legbar would be autosexing with white head patch by F2? Curious - especially for photos. Thanks.

Hi jerseyse,

what chicks are in the pict?

Those are a auto sexing project . EE or perhaps Ambar . My fellow Ameraucana breeders will probably not welcome them . There should be a double barred male in there . Then I will have a auto sexing line started . The male used was single barred over barred hen . Trying for a crele type based on wild type chicks .

I have a chick that was hatched from a barnyard mix and was being called a batam EE. I believe it to have Cream Legbar in him due to the coloring at a day old. He hatched from a small green egg and had the faded chipmunk markings with a white dot on his head.
An updated pic and he/she has developed some crazy cheek tuffs

Anyone on here with Ice Cream Bars? or are you saying IsCreamBars...

do you have any chicks showing barring? I guess it would actually take to F2 at the earliest to have a autosexing. Does anyone think that a barred-Isbar x Cream Legbar would be autosexing with white head patch by F2? Curious - especially for photos. Thanks.

I've only hatched one so far -- and it's already gone to a new home, so sorry, no photos -- but it was not barred. looked like a regular blue isbar except for a nice big white spot on top of its head -- and is indeed growing out to be a boy.

If you cross a CL rooster and bantam RIR hen would they be bantam size, full size, or a toss up?

I can cross CL hens to my RIR bantam rooster as well.

After seeing this thread I have one gold laced wyandotte, a blue laced red wyandotte, and some silver laced that I will be putting with one of my cream legbar roosters. I love how the CL X GL turned out that were posted earlier.

I am assuming because the leghorn was used to create the CL crossing them isnt a very big deal? Would be cool to get a white leghorn that lays blue eggs.

Back
Top Bottom