Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

CCL Roo over Blue or black Cochin Hen

CCLS Roo over silver laced wyandotte
I wish she would have stayed outside for the pic, her colors are much richer then they seem in the barn pics.

CCL Roo over Blue or black Cochin Hen

CCLS Roo over silver laced wyandotte
I wish she would have stayed outside for the pic, her colors are much richer then they seem in the barn pics.

I had CL x SLCochin and SLW as well. They do make very pretty chickens with beautiful marking. I called mine Emerald Sexlinks.

My legbar roo attacked my leg yesterday. I was carrying a pullet who was putting up a fight, and he jumped at me. It seemed like he was trying to protect her, but it didn't go over very well with me. My other roo has never (nor will he ever I hope) been aggressive towards me. I kicked him as well as I could. He looked at me like "Did I just get kicked?" and then wandered off slowly. I got him and my legbars from a woman who warned me to keep an eye on him. None of the chickens she sold me are well socialized with people :( Having a rooster that likes people is pretty important in my opinion.
my foundation CL Roo has been lovely, as have all of his cockerel offspring.

I did hatch a CL Roo from another breeder this year, he would attack from the front or sneak up on me if he could. He will not be missed.

He does look like he has mottling. If so, that could explain the spots on some legbar hens because mottling is recessive. I just got an idea for a new cross next year...
I have often wondered about that, especially when the CL hens have black tips on their salmon breast feathers...?!
I'd be happy to know more about your thoughts =)

Those sure are some pretty colors!

One of my CCL girls lays a matte egg; the other has a nice sheen to it. I think the shine makes the blue brighter.
Thanks for your comments
smile.png

There are so many things to prioritize in the CL breeding program...the eggshell finish is yet another for mine.

Back
Top Bottom