Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Seems like you have 1 confirmed boy so far (the half Brahma in the middle pic)
The one in the top pic to the left is definitely a Red Star hybrid. She is like the one I have here in this pic:

Subscribing to this thread so I can find it again.
1f609.png

The pullets from a legbar/rhodebar x welsummer are 'pure' for autosexing so they will breed like a legbar. Breed them to a rhodebar/legbar male and all offspring will be autosexing

Thanks, I found a picture on the Facebook legbar site that a person has a CCL X welsummer roo, so this is not my roo. I might have to try this. I really dont like olive eggs. Just my opinion, he is pretty other than his comb.

I got few cockerels at 2 weeks old in Nov 2014. The owner have Bielefelder and Cream Legbar male that want to give away. I pickup few Bielefelder males. Anyway, I notice the one on the right look like Bielefelder x Cream Legbar (GFF group A). He is little larger than other Bielefelder cockerel. What do you folk think?

Bielefelder x Cream Legbar at the right?

Last edited:
I got few cockerels at 2 weeks old in Nov 2014. The owner have Bielefelder and Cream Legbar male that want to give away. I pickup few Bielefelder males. Anyway, I notice the one on the right look like Bielefelder x Cream Legbar (GFF group A). He is little larger than other Bielefelder cockerel. What do you folk think?

Bielefelder x Cream Legbar at the right?

I would think if he was crossed with a legbar he would be smaller than the other cockerel not larger. Does he have a crest?

Last edited:
I would think if he was crossed with a legbar he would be smaller than the other cockerel not larger. Does he have a crest?

He has no crest and his comb pretty straight. The owner only have Cream Legbar and Bielefelder. His tail, body, and color lead me to believe he is cross.

He has no crest and his comb pretty straight. The owner only have Cream Legbar and Bielefelder. His tail, body, and color lead me to believe he is cross.

The lack of a crest is easily explained--not all cream legbars have a crest.

Both breeds are straight combed so you would have straight combs with the cross.

The size could be hybrid vigor but is the biggest indication that he is not a cross.

Back
Top Bottom