Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

X2 I did many of those crosses last year, but the chicks looked a little different than that chick above. I have pics of a adult male of that cross if anyone is interested.

I agree. Mine don't look quite like that either.

If he looks different does that mean he might not be a wybar? I guess it's tough to tell at this age. Doesn't really matter anyway. I will try to rehome him, if I can't he'll make a tasty soup. If he breeds brown egg or white egg layers what color eggs would the babies make?

I'm really hoping this CL X Barnevelder is a she!!!

Hi all!! I just hatched a bunch of chicks and after looking at them, i believe my CCL roo is the father of MOST of them!! Any way, i have white leghorn hen, BA, BO, jubilee orp, and BLRW hen, and CCL hen!

would any of these create sexlinks? this is an early pic. i just moved them all too the brooder and didnt want to take separate ones.. i will try tonight to get some, at least of the chipmunks. the others I believe are Jubilee opr roo as dad and 1 have 1 blrw

Last edited:
I hatched out a bunch of Cream Legbar X Black Star chicks late last fall. I only kept a few which included a few of the barred chicks but ended up selling all of them except for a pair that had the autosexing pattern as chicks. I wanted to see if this pair passed on the auto sexing trait to their offspring. No eggs yet...but it should be soon. Here is the pair today.
Cockerel

Pullet

They've changed a lot in just the last few weeks.

This pair as chicks:

The mix:

They are SO cute! Keep taking those pictures! I love seeing everyone's photos. How did the remaining egg do Buffy Bug Slayer??

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom