Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Would a CL X Australorp technically be Easter Eggers? And could they pass the blue egg gene on to offspring? Sorry I'm genetically ignorant lol. I have a woman interested in one of my boys and I want to give her good info...

Would a CL X Australorp technically be Easter Eggers? And could they pass the blue egg gene on to offspring? Sorry I'm genetically ignorant lol. I have a woman interested in one of my boys and I want to give her good info...
I would say not but the Ameraucana Nazis folks would disagree. The call any blue egg shell layer an EE which causes a lot of confusion.

(EEs are actually a South American breed called improved Quechas that were imported into the US several times in the 1900's. Shhh, do not let the Ameraucana folds know but they pre date Ameraucanas...Shhh.)

EEs are not non standard ameraucanas. They are a breed of their own.

I would say not but the Ameraucana Nazis folks would disagree. The call any blue egg shell layer an EE which causes a lot of confusion.

(EEs are actually a South American breed called improved Quechas that were imported into the US several times in the 1900's. Shhh, do not let the Ameraucana folds know but they pre date Ameraucanas...Shhh.)

EEs are not non standard ameraucanas. They are a breed of their own.

Oh wow seriously?! That is super confusing!!! So their definition is not everyone's definition... I did notice that it said " according to the Ameraucana association and Easter Egger is..." Or something to that degree. So the Privett "Ameraucanas" I have are not the Miguel Easter Eggers I was told they are but rather and improved South American Quechas?

My Sussex x CCL and Australorp x CCL are meaty little things. The Ameraucana x CCl...not so much. Pretty bird though! I'm still waiting for the others to grow out.
can i ask about how much your BA x CCL weighed? I processed just 1 of each a few weeks ago and both were only 2.5lb dressed.

Oh wow seriously?! That is super confusing!!! So their definition is not everyone's definition... I did notice that it said " according to the Ameraucana association and Easter Egger is..." Or something to that degree. So the Privett "Ameraucanas" I have are not the Miguel Easter Eggers I was told they are but rather and improved South American Quechas?
See, it gets to be very confusing!

Privett has improved Quechas that they call Ameraucana. Ameraucana breeders hate it, but the hatcheries copyrighted the name 50 years before Ameraucanas were a breed--They have only been a breed since the 1970s or 80s. I was in 4-H when they were working on them. There was a local group in Red Bluff, California working on them.

I looked them up on their website--they say they lay green eggs. The standard for APA Ameraucanas is blue eggs, not green.

I think you can call them whatever you want. They will carry the blue egg gene and depending on what you cross the cockerels with you will get some green and brown egg layers. In my opinion that is what Easter Eggers are. Though some people call the CL X's Easter Leggers. This doesn't mean that people will agree with me. lol.

This is what they originally looked like, not too different from EEs

LL

I think you can call them whatever you want. They will carry the blue egg gene and depending on what you cross the cockerels with you will get some green and brown egg layers. In my opinion that is what Easter Eggers are. Though some people call the CL X's Easter Leggers. This doesn't mean that people will agree with me. lol. 

I think I like Easter Leggers
1f604.png

Back
Top Bottom