Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

My Broodies hatched 4 so far.
1f60d.png
CLs and CL/EE hybrids.

How cute!!!
wee.gif

How many boy/girls have you got?
big_smile.png

Nope! 3 pullets and 1 cockerel. And of course the cockerel is already exploring far afield. He jumped out of the coop into the run. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there are silver based marans? I am not very familiar with marans and all I am finding is cuckoo and black copper. I want to make some sex linked olive egger hybrids with my Cream Legbar cock. Perhaps there is another way to do it?

Yes, she is a she. What you may see on the legs is an illusion from the lighting. She is legbar x turken x ???? Granddad was supposed to be a Wheaten marans, but none the pullets I got out of that mix lay dark brown eggs. I am suspecting it was a Salmon faverolles mix and not a Marans.

Yes, she is a she. What you may see on the legs is an illusion from the lighting. She is legbar x turken x ???? Granddad was supposed to be a Wheaten marans, but none the pullets I got out of that mix lay dark brown eggs. I am suspecting it was a Salmon faverolles mix and not a Marans.

Hens can get spur nubs. I read about some breeders that though they could tell gender at hatch buy feeling for a spur bump.

It does not work because all chicks will have a bump.

She is an interesting looking girl for sure! Please let us know what color eggs she lays, Thank you all for the information on the spur bumps. I feel a bit better now as almost all of our chicks have them. I was hoping they wouldn't all be cockerels!

Back
Top Bottom