Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

I posted a chick pic of this lady before. She is from a legbar rooster bred to a red ranger hen. You can see a hint of barring on her. She will be bred to my legbar x autosexing EE male to bring size up in that line.

She is either big or you have small chickens around her. I was thinking about putting a rhodebar roo over red ranger hens both for faster meat growth and egg production if red rangers lay worth mentioning.
I like your idea about upping the size of the line as the legbars are not that big.

She is either big or you have small chickens around her. I was thinking about putting a rhodebar roo over red ranger hens both for faster meat growth and egg production if red rangers lay worth mentioning.
I like your idea about upping the size of the line as the legbars are not that big.

A little of both. The cockerel is a bantam phoenix and the other is young. She is about 4-4 1/2 months old and weighs about 6 lbs. Her mother laid muscovy sized eggs right off the bat and laid pretty well but by a year old she got a purple face and dropped dead a few days later.

A pair of this springs hybrids and some chicks out of that pen . I think I may add rose comb to the mix to get cushion combs . A good cold weather comb .

A pair of this springs hybrids and some chicks out of that pen . I think I may add rose comb to the mix to get cushion combs . A good cold weather comb .
Yours are very colorful! My cockerel is from a silver crele hen and legbar male but he looks plain silver with little leakage. He'll be bred to his half sister who has a rose comb to get some walnut type combs. I will also breed him to the above pullet along with a couple EE hens and a dun sumatra x brown leghorn hen. The end goal for my side project is a walnut or pea combed dual purpose autosexing green egg layer with a variety of colors. By 2017, I should be able to get all autosexing chicks based on silver and gold with black/blue/dun barring

I work with cows every day so I have lots of time to day dream about genetics. Just for legbar crosses, I have 2 new outcrosses planned for next year, then maybe a mottled cross just to see, plus my amlegbar pullet who will be crossed to something else. Then a couple non-legbar mixes planned just because. Out of all of my legbar mutts, the legbar x phoenix pullets were the prettiest, and the splash laced red wyandotte x legbar cockerel was cool too.

Back
Top Bottom