Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Here is a little different auto sexing hybrid . Mother was a Rhodebar and dad a CCL .
The great part is that the chicks are already autosexable at birth and they will lay olive eggs. I had some hens that was mixed like that but got rid of them because I didnt want olive eggs at the time.

Do you have pics of legbar X blue laced wyandotte? Thanks

I had to dig wayyyyy back (110 weeks to be exact) on my instagram to find the only picture I have of him. Father was splash laced red wyandotte and mother was legbar. Over all he looked like a blue double laced barnevelder with barring once he matured and the type was just weird.

I had to dig wayyyyy back (110 weeks to be exact) on my instagram to find the only picture I have of him. Father was splash laced red wyandotte and mother was legbar. Over all he looked like a blue double laced barnevelder with barring once he matured and the type was just weird.

Wow he's a handsome dude!! I have a splash laced red wyandotte hen, so now I'm curious what her and my legbar roo's chicks will look like :)

Update on my CCL BR

Definitely sexable by legs
just started laying blue/green eggs.
(will set these eggs and see what happens when out of pullet stage....)
They are like a BR but have the bit of flightiness the CCL
Hardier than a CCL by far and grew a bit faster than the CCL pullets with them.
They are laying like mad too. So much that I am on the potpie, deviled eggs and all that eggstuff meals.
Good timing with the cost of eggs for certain!

ps... where do i find those color swatches for the blue green colors? Thanks for the help!

Update on my CCL BR Definitely sexable by legs just started laying blue/green eggs. (will set these eggs and see what happens when out of pullet stage....) They are like a BR but have the bit of flightiness the CCL Hardier than a CCL by far and grew a bit faster than the CCL pullets with them. They are laying like mad too. So much that I am on the potpie, deviled eggs and all that eggstuff meals. Good timing with the cost of eggs for certain! ps... where do i find those color swatches for the blue green colors? Thanks for the help! [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR]
Did you see the rooster I posted? He is sired by a Cream Legbar rooster - his mom is a brown leghorn. I didn't get any pullets (dogs destroyed my outside brooder). I am still waiting for a picture of cream Legbar/brown leghorn hens. I think your hens are beautiful!

• @enola I did! Are you saying you lost him? I posted pics of roos last summer I think of roo, but had yet to grow out hens or get good images. Since I have been sick, they grew up lol. I cant wait to set and see what comes of them too!

No he is the only one that the dog missed. I came home to find him in the bramble patch hollering his fool head off. He is the only chick that survived that hatched. I wasn't even planning on keeping the roosters, only the hens for their eggs. Do you have a picture of what the rooster looks like?

Back
Top Bottom