Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Hi, here's a CL mixed cockerel that I really like (read: I don't have room for another Roo but I think I'm keeping him anyways). It's not best pic and it doesn't really convey how shiny his feathers are.

He comes from two different CL mixes.
The rooster was from an OE x Light Brahma; the OE was from a Crele Penedesenca x CL.
The hen was from a CL roosters xmisc.black hen.

I guess I may as well add his sisters, such diversity.

hmm, I am having trouble submitting the pics, will try back later.

trying again

Hi, I have a lavender Am. rooster.  He has mixed offspring that are split for lavender, including some with red lacing reversed from your pullet (red around black centers); it is mostly on their breast feathers.  I have a project in mind for them, similar to yours =)

And so far I have pretty blue/green eggs, waiting to see what color the next gen lays.

I'd love to see a close-up pic of some of those feathers laced with red. It sounds very pretty.

Wow...that roo is a beauty! Cool looking birds. I love the grey with salmon breasts on the hens...very pretty!

The plain grey barred pullet looks like her black barred mom, but no one else looks anything like what I was expecting.
I would characterize the laced breast feathers as a mahogany, and there were definitely no BLRW in the mix…?
I sold the hen and decided at the last minute to save some of her eggs and hatch them. I did get one pretty green layer out of the group.

I'll add a pic of the reversed lacing pullets, I've also had that on cockerels; but they are not CL hybrids.

Last edited:

Here are my CL hybrids. They came from CL roo and a mystery mom. The hen lays pretty pale green eggs. I would like to know what the mom is but I don't have the contact info from their seller anymore.

I'm hoping to breed these two together and breed the roo with my Cuckoo Maran and my Blue Andalusian. Any thoughts on how those mixes will turn out?

Hello!

I have browsed through most of this thread, but this is my first posting. I am not entirely sure of the crossing on these roos below, so I wanted a second opinion. Thanks in advance for your input. I have a few other birds, but only got pics of these guys for today. I know that the father is a legbar, but they were obtained as hatching eggs through craiglist and the hens were not listed. The seller did mention that he had marans, welsummers, and araucanas.

Here they are:

I think this one is a legbar x buff orpington based on the leg color and body shape.

I'm pretty sure this next one is a Legbar x Welsummer as the only Marans he had were the french type with feathered legs, and this one has clean legs.

Any ideas and opinions are appreciated. I have a few other legbar mixes that I'd like to list when I get time. Thanks!
thumbsup.gif

Here are my CL hybrids. They came from CL roo and a mystery mom. The hen lays pretty pale green eggs. I would like to know what the mom is but I don't have the contact info from their seller anymore.

I'm hoping to breed these two together and breed the roo with my Cuckoo Maran and my Blue Andalusian. Any thoughts on how those mixes will turn out?
I have a hen that could be this one's twin sister! Mine is out of a Legbar hen and a mystery rooster. She lays brown eggs though, so clearly my legbar hens have something else mixed in there. Very pretty hen!

I have a crested cream legbar/swedish flower cross. Anybody have an idea what color eggs she will lay? Thanks!
It depends on if the CCL had one or two blue egg shell genes. The blue gene is dominant, so if two are present in a parent, the eggs will be blue to green, depending on what brown coating genes are present--the brown coating genes are more complicate.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom