Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

If I cross a cl pullet with a silkie boy, will they be sex linked?
I would imagine yes, but a friend thought she heard no.
Something about black skin affecting it??
And the silkie would be a black or white

If I cross a cl pullet with a silkie boy, will they be sex linked?
I would imagine yes, but a friend thought she heard no.
Something about black skin affecting it??
And the silkie would be a black or white
From what I read, a male Silkie (black skin) crossed to a female with yellow or white skin will produce sexlinks sexable by leg color. Female chicks will get their fathers black or dark skin and male chicks will get the mothers yellow or white skin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there my CL x Goldline/Red hybrids are growing up. Can anyone tell me if these six birds are male. Their combs are mich bigger and redder than others, plus others have more of a tuft hairdoo.
I appreciate your time.in confirming this.

I think all these six are roos anyone give me anyother pointers? Ive seen two of the cream/red ones on their tippy toes standing off with each other

This is an Olive Egger roo resulting from a CCL roo over Welsummer pullets. He looks a lot like a full blooded Welsummer but with single gene barring that seems to only affect some of the feathers. I think these are the prettiest roos on the whole farm, they get a lot of comments.

Hi there my CL x Goldline/Red hybrids are growing up. Can anyone tell me if these six birds are male. Their combs are mich bigger and redder than others, plus others have more of a tuft hairdoo.
I appreciate your time.in confirming this.

I think all these six are roos anyone give me anyother pointers? Ive seen two of the cream/red ones on their tippy toes standing off with each other
CLs can have crazy combs sometimes. Go by the wattles more so--and color. If they are getting pink early then they will be cockerels.

The one at the bottom middle may be a pullet.

Back
Top Bottom