Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

I really like your CL X SPITZ.

Thanks! She is pretty cute and super friendly. She is one of my daughters favorites since they can scoop her right up and give her some cuddles. She likes to perch in the trees at night which is a super pain but otherwise she is a good chicken. Im looking forward to her blueish eggs.

Razzberry has a very similar personality, overly friendly and very easy to pick up and handle.

This is an Olive Egger roo resulting from a CCL roo over Welsummer pullets. He looks a lot like a full blooded Welsummer but with single gene barring that seems to only affect some of the feathers. I think these are the prettiest roos on the whole farm, they get a lot of comments.
Pretty. Reminds me of pictures/paintings I saw as a little boy folks had hanging. I also saw one made from different type if beans onetime. My great aunt had it hanging in her dining room.

Lovely rooster that, can anyone confirm my roosters?

Hi there my CL x Goldline/Red hybrids are growing up. Can anyone tell me if these six birds are male. Their combs are mich bigger and redder than others, plus others have more of a tuft hairdoo.
I appreciate your time.in confirming this.

I think all these six are roos anyone give me anyother pointers? Ive seen two of the cream/red ones on their tippy toes standing off with each other
I am no expert as I saved the best chicks from my last hatch and the 15 chicks ended up to be 15 roosters...and 7 bags of feed later. Well they were mighty tender at 12 weeks old... Ok I think these 2 are roosters. I might be wrong and how old are they exactly?

I am no expert as I saved the best chicks from my last hatch and the 15 chicks ended up to be 15 roosters...and 7 bags of feed later. Well they were mighty tender at 12 weeks old...  Ok I think these 2 are roosters. I might be wrong and how old are they exactly?
they are about 3 months old at the moment. What indicators did you use for sexing? Thanks

At three months it's hard to say. A pure Cream Legbar roo would have a giant comb at two months and a pullet would look about like the birds above at 3-4 months. If you had more birds to compare from the same cross then it would easier to divide the birds by sex. You aren't far from when a cockerel would develop saddle and hackle feathers so at this point you may as well wait until it is obvious if either is a roo.

At three months it's hard to say. A pure Cream Legbar roo would have a giant comb at two months and a pullet would look about like the birds above at 3-4 months. If you had more birds to compare from the same cross then it would easier to divide the birds by sex. You aren't far from when a cockerel would develop saddle and hackle feathers so at this point you may as well wait until it is obvious if either is a roo.
thanks ill take some comparison pictures today

This one is a roo for sure.

they are about 3 months old at the moment. What indicators did you use for sexing? Thanks
I look at the comb and wattles and tail feathers and wing placement. I have buckeye mixes that I cannot tell which is which due to the comb. I will have to wait until they start to crow or the tail feathers get longer. Good luck as I don't believe all of the pics are roosters.

I look at the comb and wattles and tail feathers and wing placement. I have buckeye mixes that I cannot tell which is which due to the comb.  I will have to wait until they start to crow or the tail feathers get longer. Good luck as I don't believe all of the pics are roosters.  
Very difficult isnt it, Any thoughts on this chicken
all other chickens have tiny pale pink combs and bigger tufts.

Back
Top Bottom