Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

My girl is now just over 20 weeks . Cock is my Bielefelder and hen ccl . Easy auto sexing . The pullets at 20 weeks far out weigh the ccl hen and are super friendly . I'll cross these again in the spring

Last edited:
Very difficult isnt it, Any thoughts on this chicken all other chickens have tiny pale pink combs and bigger tufts.

Ok, dont shoot me if it turns out to be a roo but by the way it is looking and the wattle, it is a pullet. You are hiding the tail feathers but it looks like a pullet. Now this is coming from a person who picked pullets and they started to crow. Not a single one was a pullet.

I'm sorry I didn't wade through all the posts...tried a search on this thread but didn't come up with what I wanted.

So, my question...I've got a nicely developing, sweet tempered, Barnevelder rooster (from Ideal hatchery) that I would like to put over some Cream Legbar pullets I have purchased (for pick up in a week)....

So question....I've tried to run the genetics calculator to see what will happen, but I'm having a hard time finding the Cream Legbar genetics....

My Barnie is Double Laced...the potential mommas will be Cream Crested Legbars....will male chicks have a head dot for F1? Do Cream Legbars have enough barring to do the sex link trick for that first generation....males head dot, girls partridge?

When I eventually get this mating (after appropriate isolation of my CCL pullets), and have a spare broody hen willing to do the job, I'm eager for the green and olive egg layers I can produce...but I was curious if I'd be so lucky as to also get sex linking.

From what I can run with the genetic calculator, I *think* the chicks will be a black patterned gold, incomplete quail....but I can't seem to find the full genetics to run CCL's for a full matching so that I could include whatever barring they have.

Thanks in advance :D

Thanks
LofMc

Can someone help?
I have. Blue copper marns cockerel over cream legbar pullet.
Some chicks have an ever so slight dot on the head.
Not sure if they could be girls or not.
I have seen pure CL girls with a slight dot on the head before .
Anyone have pics of this cross to reference?
Thank you :)

Can someone help?
Thank you
smile.png

The dot means boy . Barred hens covered by a non barred rooster creates a sex link . Hens pass barring only to their sons .

Can someone help?
Thank you :)

Pure Cream Legbar pullets certainly DO often have tiny "pin prick" white spots. I've been meaning to get rid of a few Marans hens to replace with my non-crested CL hens to make sex-link Olive Eggers but I hate to part with any of my birds. I'd expect only those with a larger spot would be the boys...but I can't say for sure. Please keep us posted if no one who has done that exact cross speaks up. Pictures would be great to see.

Back
Top Bottom