Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Hello, wonder if anyone can help.... I've just had my first successful hatch of 8 baby chicks... When I bought the fertilised eggs I was told they were cream created legbar X light Sussex... The eggs are green so I'm assuming a light Sussex roo and a CCL pullet... What I want to know is are they still sex linked if the CCL was the pullet and not the roo... I have some typical girl colourings (dark chipmunk) but I also have all yellow chick, as well as some yellow with grey splashes? I'm really confused? I'll post pictures when they are a bit more fluffy. Thanks in advance

This is a head spot right? It's just so light. Marans male over CL female. Same chick different shots.

Quick question for the group. I have a breeder near me advertising "Italian Legbars," she says that they have a mottled feather pattern. Has anyone in this group heard of such a thing?

Thanks!

My broody hatched out 2 (so far) ---- I believe possibly the black chick is from my Barred Rock Hen---not sure what the yellow one is from- but I did notice the two stripes on her back--- The Rooster for both is a CCL. Wondering if the stripes would be hinting towards a pullet- Oh well--- just showing these babies off---- feel free to comment!

Here are 11 chicks that hatched yesterday. The rooster is Bielefelder. The hens are Cream Legbar, Cream Legbar x Bielefelder, and Bielefelder.

Photo taken 18 days in the incubator

All 11 eggs hatched

Last edited:
Congratulations on the awesome hatch! Bielefelders are autosexing too, right? So looks like 6 boys and 5 girls? Not too shabby.
smile.png

They are autosex just like their parents. As you can see in the photo, there is no way to tell which one is actual Bielefelder. Yes, they are 6 boys and 5 girls.

Has anyone crossed a cream legbar (the cream legbar being the cockerel) with either a welsummer, silver laced wyandotte, or a cukoo marans? I'd be very interested in seeing any off spring from these crosses and may be tempted to do them too!
big_smile.png

Has anyone crossed a cream legbar (the cream legbar being the cockerel) with either a welsummer, silver laced wyandotte, or a cukoo marans? I'd be very interested in seeing any off spring from these crosses and may be tempted to do them too!
big_smile.png
Yes, I have made lots of sexlinks by crossing my Legbar cock on silver laced wyandottes. Here is a pic of three pullets:

males:

Female chicks are reddish and males are darker with a silver hue and have yellowish faces.

I have also crossed CLB with Golden Cuckoo Marans not Cuckoo Marans. Here is the pic:
LL

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom