Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Yes, the breeder initially told me that I'd be getting two 25% Cream Legbar and 75% Ameraucana pullets. When I picked up the 2 or 3 day old chicks, the breeder said, "I might be giving you a Bielefelder. I got things mixed up." I was fine with that. When the larger, brown pullet started growing her feathers, I sent a message asking whether it could be a Bielefelder/Ameraucana hybrid as my chick had blue legs. I haven't heard back from her. I haven't heard back but I'm guessing a Cream Legbar/ Ameraucana hybrid probably doesn't look like the darker brown pullet. I'm fine. I'm just hoping to pin it down as I might want to provide baby chicks to a couple of dear friends. I'd like to tell them what I'm giving them.

Yes, the breeder initially told me that I'd be getting two 25% Cream Legbar and 75% Ameraucana pullets. When I picked up the 2 or 3 day old chicks, the breeder said, "I might be giving you a Bielefelder. I got things mixed up." I was fine with that. When the larger, brown pullet started growing her feathers, I sent a message asking whether it could be a Bielefelder/Ameraucana hybrid as my chick had blue legs. I haven't heard back from her. I haven't heard back but I'm guessing a Cream Legbar/ Ameraucana hybrid probably doesn't look like the darker brown pullet. I'm fine. I'm just hoping to pin it down as I might want to provide baby chicks to a couple of dear friends. I'd like to tell them what I'm giving them.

Here are some mixes with Legbar x EE that have some Ameraucana . I call them auto sexing EE .

Hi all, I just hatched some Chocolate cream legbar chicks! They are f2 choc orp x ccl cross, the f1 hybrids were crossed back to each-other and ccl hens to produce these chicks
(I got the eggs from a seller on ebay)
Here's some pics, one is double barred and one is single barred.

The one in the center of the bottom pic is just a chocolate orpington chick.

Hi all, I just hatched some Chocolate cream legbar chicks! They are f2 choc orp x ccl cross, the f1 hybrids were crossed back to each-other and ccl hens to produce these chicks
(I got the eggs from a seller on ebay)
Here's some pics, one is double barred and one is single barred.

The one in the center of the bottom pic is just a chocolate orpington chick.

Those look awesome. . Any idea what they will look like when older?
I assume they will lay green eggs?

Those look awesome. . Any idea what they will look like when older?
I assume they will lay green eggs?

I'm not sure what they will look like, but I LOVE chocolate colored chickens so very excited to see how much chocolate shows
wee.gif

The eggs should be green, they hatched from pale green eggs. I'm gonna cross them with my pure cream legbars so that will hopefully make the eggs more blue/blue-green.

Will post more pics as they grow
smile.png

I'm not sure what they will look like, but I LOVE chocolate colored chickens so very excited to see how much chocolate shows:weee  
The eggs should be green, they hatched from pale green eggs. I'm gonna cross them with my pure cream legbars so that will hopefully make the eggs more blue/blue-green.

Will post more pics as they grow :)  

Yes plz posts pics of there colors as they get older. . Looking forward to seeing them :)

Hello,

I gave a woman some eggs and she hatched out one chick. She called to ask if I would take it. Now I am trying to figure out what it is, M/F? And what breeds?.

Possible halves. I don't have any mixed chickens except this little one. I think the cheeks are Ameraucana.
I have:
Cream Legbars
Bielefelders
Ameraucanas
Marans

I don't have a Marans rooster and the chick came from a blue egg. Legs are yellow with a greenish tint.

Three days old

9 days old

Thanks!

Hello,

I gave a woman some eggs and she hatched out one chick. She called to ask if I would take it. Now I am trying to figure out what it is, M/F? And what breeds?.

Possible halves. I don't have any mixed chickens except this little one. I think the cheeks are Ameraucana.
I have:
Cream Legbars
Bielefelders
Ameraucanas
Marans

I don't have a Marans rooster and the chick came from a blue egg. Legs are yellow with a greenish tint.

Three days old

9 days old

Thanks!
We have some Delaware/Bielefelder mixes that look just like this (rooster Biele/hen Delaware). If you have a white/black bird on your list, could be that plus legbar/ or bielefelder mix.

Back
Top Bottom