Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection

Wouldn't the hens size need to be 'scaled' to the size increase of the rooster?  A 9 - 10 lb rooster on a 4 - 5 (or 6) lb hen sounds like a bummer for the hen.  He could break her, or seriously hurt her, couldn't he?

Actually you're right. My LF Cochin boys tore up my Wyandotte girls backs.
Either way, I think it would be pretty hard to make these birds a lot bigger, without breeding in a different breed. I'll be sticking with what I have, and ignore the rest of this discussion.

I think someone needs a hug and maybe a nappy time.
lau.gif
gig.gif

But I already had a nappy time in order to stay up to watch The Ball drop!
old.gif

I could use a hug though ...
hugs.gif

AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! Many happy hatches in 2014!
jumpy.gif

Off to enjoy some bubbly...

Ok different topic if you are interested in this question at all: Merlin's daughters all had crooked toes. I'm very disappointed. Thinking about culling all of them out of the genetic mix. Elvis's line doesn't have this problem. Should I bother testing the cross of these bad toed girls with Elvis? They should have nice blue eggs.

A reminder of the rules here:

You may disagree, but do so respectfully. The block feature can be useful for situations like this. If you cannot be respectful of other members views, your access to this thread may be removed.

And most importantly, this thread required a lot of cleanup. Please do not make our job more difficult by replying to posts that violate the rules - it makes it more difficult to clean up the thread. Report the post and do not respond.

Now, back to the Cream Legbar.

Back
Top Bottom