Cream Legbars

Some pictures as my "cream legbars" develop. That little white silkie thinks it's a CL.

I was told this could be a legbar. I had two blue eggs and was told those were the CL but this little one and one other came from a light egg. More pink/tan not blue. I also have 3 orpingtons?
Unless it's one of these but a white boy? I lost track of what was what. I only hatched 5 of 12 eggs. None of my blue eggs hatched. So I'm confused haha.

I cannot tell much on your picture, sorry.

Your predicament is why I use 3 hatchers on each hatch. I put each breed hatching in it's own hatcher or with a egg that I definitely can tell apart.

Here is my last hatch of CLBS. All of these are CLBs the white one is a white Sport, which is a CLB, BUT WAY OFF future SOP's. ( maybe someday we can get a white sport SOP)!!!!

I cannot tell much on your picture, sorry.

Your predicament is why I use 3 hatchers on each hatch. I put each breed hatching in it's own hatcher or with a egg that I definitely can tell apart.

Here is my last hatch of CLBS. All of these are CLBs the white one is a white Sport, which is a CLB, BUT WAY OFF future SOP's. ( maybe someday we can get a white sport SOP)!!!!

May I ask if the front one with a big head spot is a girl? I just get my very first chicks, and one of them is a Rees legbar pullet look just like yours having a big head spot. I have another legbar pullet without head spot.

May I ask if the front one with a big head spot is a girl? I just get my very first chicks, and one of them is a Rees legbar pullet look just like yours having a big head spot. I have another legbar pullet without head spot.

That looks like a girl to me. She has the V and the white spot is very small just a couple pieces of fluff. The spot does not extend outside the V. The chimpmunk stripe are very clear and the coloring is right. So to me that is a girl.

Others might see it differently. It does not matter as I am keeping this batch. I worry more about the ones I sell than I keep. The best boys will breed, the rest will become soup or be used to add blue to my EE's. The girls will be separated into breeders and layers. I find egg customers ( I just use a sign on the road when I have eggs) like the blue eggs and consider them a novelty. I have had people actually stop in and ask for the blue eggs like so&so got!

That looks like a girl to me. She has the V and the white spot is very small just a couple pieces of fluff. The spot does not extend outside the V. The chimpmunk stripe are very clear and the coloring is right. So to me that is a girl.

Others might see it differently. It does not matter as I am keeping this batch. I worry more about the ones I sell than I keep. The best boys will breed, the rest will become soup or be used to add blue to my EE's. The girls will be separated into breeders and layers. I find egg customers ( I just use a sign on the road when I have eggs) like the blue eggs and consider them a novelty. I have had people actually stop in and ask for the blue eggs like so&so got!
Thanks, I guess it's normal for a legbar girl having a head spot like that. My legbar girl also has very clear chimpmunk pattern and feathered fast.

Some pictures as my "cream legbars" develop. That little white silkie thinks it's a CL.
I hope you have more than one Silkie. I had a couple Partridge Silkies that were hatched the same day as some LF chicks and the LF chicks grew larger and faster than the Silkie chicks and the Silkies started to get picked on by their LF chickmates - they were hiding all day from the LFs -- too stressful for the gentle Silkies.

Thanks, I guess it's normal for a legbar girl having a head spot like that. My legbar girl also has very clear chimpmunk pattern and feathered fast.
Hi Tilly -

Head spot is okay for females contained within the V -- even may be an indicator of strong barring gene, chipmunk stripes good -- feathered feet are not a trait of Cream Legbars. Clean yellow shanks and feet are Cream Legbar.

Hi Tilly -

Head spot is okay for females contained within the V -- even may be an indicator of strong barring gene, chipmunk stripes good -- feathered feet are not a trait of Cream Legbars. Clean yellow shanks and feet are Cream Legbar.
I think she said "feathered fast".
idunno.gif

[COLOR=0000CD]I hope you have more than one Silkie.  I had a couple Partridge Silkies that were hatched the same day as some LF chicks and the LF chicks grew larger and faster than the Silkie chicks and the Silkies started to get picked on by their LF chickmates - they were hiding all day from the LFs -- too stressful for the gentle Silkies.[/COLOR]

I have a single white silkie (4 weeks) and two black silkies (3 weeks), all large fowl, I also have just hatched two sultans (LF), so there should be enough silly chickens to keep each other company. I can already see how different they are to my dual purpose chicks and the CLs.

Back
Top Bottom