Crested Polish is lethargic??

Kariann

Chirping
Jul 5, 2021
Tennessee
Dill is female and about a month old.
Yesterday, we noticed that she was more about resting than anything. I isolated her with her sister, Pickle (the kids named them, lol) to make sure that she didn't have to compete for food and water. She is so weak and lethargic today! She also feels kinda bony, compared to her sister. I'm getting a dropper ready to give her water, electrolytes, and medicated chick feed. Her vent looks good, I've kept the brooder clean, I haven't singled out her poop, yet.

Please help, we really love her!

Attachments

• 20210928_165256.jpg
    20210928_165256.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 7
At this age coccidiosis could well be a problem. I would run to your feed store right away and get Corid liquid or powder this evening. Dosage is 2 tsp (10 ml) of the liquid or 1.5 tsp of the powder for each gallon of water. Change it daily and make sure that she is drinking. For a couple of days, give her some undiluted Corid 0.1 ml per pound twice a day orally for a quicker boost. It won’t hurt her if she doesn’t have that. Get her drinking right away even if it is just water. Take a picture of her poop if possible. Treat all birds at the same time.

At this age coccidiosis could well be a problem. I would run to your feed store right away and get Corid liquid or powder this evening. Dosage is 2 tsp (10 ml) of the liquid or 1.5 tsp of the powder for each gallon of water. Change it daily and make sure that she is drinking. For a couple of days, give her some undiluted Corid 0.1 ml per pound twice a day orally for a quicker boost. It won’t hurt her if she doesn’t have that. Get her drinking right away even if it is just water. Take a picture of her poop if possible. Treat all birds at the same time.
Okay, I'll run out and get that!
I dropperd her with flock fixer and she is napping with her sister right now.

Attachments

• 20210928_175434.jpg
    20210928_175434.jpg
    504.8 KB · Views: 2
Ps she pooped on me. And it was a perfect poo, sorry I didn't get a picture!

Back
Top Bottom