***Crevecoeur Thread***

Pics
Thanks ya'all. I tried putting my girl on my lap and getting her to eat out of a bowl, so she wouldn't be pushed away, but she just sat there. Didn't want to eat while being captive. She laid down and gave up on trying to get away, but wouldn't eat, so I let my leghorn flutters jump on my other knee and eat from the bowl to show my crevie girl how it's done, but she'd have nothing to do with it, LOL. I wanted to fatten her up, but it looks like it won't be easy (and probably won't help because she does get access to the food, they don't always chase her away, and yet she eats like a finch (the others eat like vultures - large California Condors!!)

Gosh, I just looked at my notes, and she's only 5 days younger than the leghorns and half their weight! I really wish I knew if they just mature so much slower or if I have a "runt" which is bad as she is my only girl :( I'm worried because I didn't want to have to find/buy other crevie pullets or hens. I wanted to just hatch some eggs again Ugh!

Last edited:
I am in complete shock. I have 3 Creve cockerels and one Creve pullet living with 4 leghorn pullets. Along with two of the leghorn pullets, they are only 3 months old. The boys have not yet crowed. One of the older hens is laying, though two of them could be laying, but I only get one egg a day.

And those eggs are FERTILE!!!!

My boys haven't even crowed yet!

My time is up, I have to figure out what to do with those boys! Oh gosh!!! Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They were born October 15th or 16th........ in case anyone reads this in the future and wants to know........

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, the funniest thing just happened. I was letting out the birds, as usual, and as usual I watched them for a bit. So my biggest Creve boy HONKED, just like a goose! and all the others ran for cover under the coop! He looked around, saw they all ran off, and thought, "oh, I better join them!" and runs under the coop too. So after a few seconds they're looking around, coast looks clear, so they wander out again, and he honks again, they all run for cover, he looks around and sees they've run off again, and skiddadles to catch up, oblivious to his causing the commotion!
lau.gif
The third time, the rest of them half heartedly head for under the coop, but some are starting to realize it was their buddy who was making the strange sound, ROFL, by this time, I'm ready to pee my pants!
gig.gif
It was SO FUNNY, wish I could paint the picture better!
lau.gif

So yah, um, the boys are starting to honk, or crow or???

Last edited:
Ok, so my largest male will be 15 weeks old tomorrow and so I weighed him. He only weighs 3.25 lbs! I know he'll be growing larger, but I'm pretty sure it slows down quite a bit at this point, so it's not looking too good! I was wistfully wishing he'd be 6 lbs and grow up to be 7 lbs, LOL

Well, they are slow growers so they say, so I will report back when he's a bit older and at a year, we'll see what he weighs!

Sad day today. I gave away 2 of my Creve boys :( I hope they find a good home. The local feed store finally had room. Actually a man and his little daughter were looking into all the coops and were so disappointed not to see any birds but I had just arrived for them to see mine :) The guy there at the feed store was all "oh they're so beautiful!" Which made me hopeful someone will fall in love with them and give them a nice home?

Ah well... I simply have got to stop becoming emotionally attached to my birds! LOL. I thought, oh, these are duel purpose, I can eat any excess boys, but nope, I couldn't possibly! LOL. Oh well, I still have some toughening up to do!

BTW, I miss you all! LOL. poularde, ontimeborzoi, Heritage Hens, MomMommyMamma, justbugged are you all still working on your creve flocks? How's it going? I plan on hatching some of exop's eggs in April. I have room for 9 more birds, LOL.

Last edited:
Sorry you had to give up your boys. It is a part of it. I will not be on this thread much anymore. I had to make some tough decisions. I have a neighbor who is very upset about the roosters. The crevs were the loudest of all my birds. I no longer have any Crev boys. I still have my hens. I will check in because I always will love to see some photos of Crev roosters. Good luck cluck cluck.

Back
Top Bottom