Crochet Granny Square Swap - Spring 2009 (Sign Ups ClOSED!!)

I gat a call at 8:30 this morning from the post office lady telling me I had another bos of eggs. I thought and thought who had I ordered more eggs from? It was my shapes! She just saw it was packed so well, and was the right size, she just assumed it was more eggs. Of course I had to open the box and show her my goodies!

Quote:
Acre I will be starting the new fall swap in a few days/weeks. I am still trying to decide what we should do. Squares or hexes. Any colors or fall colors.

Last edited:
Scrambled I can't wait until you start another thread.....when will that be?

Yes, exactly what Purple said..she will be hosting the fall swap so be looking for a thread from her and sign up when she posts. Plenty of time to get them done in whatever theme she chooses...and the more that participate, the more you get back!!

Wow sounds like a bunch got theirs yesterday, I assume most of the rest will get theirs today. I think you could crochet around all of them and make same size squares and then hook into a tote or afghan, should be interesting. I made a tote with mine the other year and lined it with felt so it wouldn't ravel. I guess you could make pot holders with someo of the hexs and circles too, maybe a scrap of batting in between and felt on the back or crochet two together...ya'll will think of something I'm sure. If Purple uses a theme, you should be able to easily hook together what you get back and use for yourself or a christmas gift
smile.png

I got mine, they are all wonderful. And thanks you for the yarn and soap SE.
The minute I saw the big oval ones I thought omg's I'm going to line those with felt and make hot pads out of them, they are the perfect size to go under a hot dish.
The rest I'm saving to put together with the last fall swap and the next one to make an afghan.

edited to say I can't type cause I haven't had any coffee yet

Last edited:
Let me start by saying that I love my husband. I really do. BUT. Just before I went to bed last night, he handed me a slip of paper and said, "This came for you Saturday. You have a package at the post office!" I could really hurt him.
rant.gif

I am leaving work in a little bit & going to get my box. I can't wait to see!! Next time, I'm just going to use my work address. Our mailperson at home is lazy & won't bring any boxes out to the house.

Woo Hoo!! I got my box, and everything is BEAUTIFUL!! I took it to my Mom's house to show her, and had to explain the whole "online crochet club" and how it is that I have grannies from all over the country! I absolutely LOVE the soap - can't wait to use it!! I'll post pics later tonight...

Quote:
O.K. LC.....it's past 5 am in the morning and you haven't posted any pics......what happened????? Now, your Mom didn't try to take you squares did she, hehehehe
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom