First quilt block swap 2016

I hope Kat is wrong and that mine arrive before the 21st as I am away at my mothers for a week from 20th!
please let me be wrong, please let me be wrong
fl.gif
big_smile.png

I finally got these blocks together, but I am having a hard time figuring out what I want to do for a border. Black and then a small off white with a more colorful band after that? I found it funny, that after I had it together, I notice that the left bottom corner 4 patch was turned. Not one of my blocks, but I think it gives the whole quilt some fun character!

I love it! Yes the left bottom patch does give it some character. The last couple of nights I have been sleeping under my quilt. I made some extra blocks and then bound it in the same fabric as the backing. I did not add borders but just bound it. I thought the whole quilt had an old school look and in times passed they frequently made quilts without borders. This also solved my problem of having to find a bigger piece of fabric. Most of the fabric I own is fat quarter size or smaller. After I quilted it, I just cut the strips off of the sides and made binding out of them. Oh I know it was supposed to be a man quilt but I liked it so much it is the second quilt I ever kept for me personally. That is how much I liked it. Thank you fellow swappers!

Last edited:
Anna6 I agree of all the blocks we have done together I like this one the best.

They are both very pretty, the colors and pattern are so soothing.
Mine is waiting for warmer weather because I spray baste in our garage and we still have ice and snow outside.

Last edited:
Anna6 I agree of all the blocks we have done together I like this one the best.

They are both very pretty, the colors and pattern are so soothing.
Mine is waiting for warmer weather because I spray baste in our garage and we still have ice and snow outside.
I don't know how you and everyone else can stand ice and snow, We are in the high 60's such a beautiful day, sorry had to brag a little, now please don't send the cold my way, lol

Back
Top Bottom