First quilt block swap 2016

So much awesomeness this morning. I have my blocks and I grabbed Esther the chicken. I really want to do an Esther wall hanging, just hope I don't mess it up. It's a learning process! I love the new swap too. Thank you so much katsdar for all you do and everyone for swapping!

So much to sew. I'm in 2 block work along things, so I have lots and lots of fun going on.

Well the blocks are 6x6, so 36 blocks total. 72x72 or so with no border yet. I had forgotten that I made so many extra but now I am happy. It is pretty big for a couch/ lap quilt but I think it would be very snuggable with the Hobbs Poly batting.

Last edited:
At last! Somebody can spell Esther correctly ! An ester is a chemical compound.

I haven't checked in for a few days and you lot have filled 5 pages with chat while I wasn't looking!
So glad I did this swap, the blocks look great when they are laid out, can't wait for mine to get here.
Just popping over to sign in for the next swap.

Guess what I worked on tonight?

Thank you to everyone for your wonderful blocks and to katsdar, our wonderful leader, a special thanks for making this happen.

I really like the look of this flimsy.I plan to use Hobbs poly down batting.

I am debating about leaving it like this or adding a small blue border. any thoughts on that?
OH MY!! It looks fabulous laid out! It is beautiful! The blues in the chain blend so well!

Now, I really would like mine to get here. The mail is so slow to Minnesota!
Oh was I supposed to mail yours, JK, JK,
gig.gif
I think Paulsmuffen was worried about her patriotic block but all the blocks just fit together so beautifully.

So much awesomeness this morning. I have my blocks and I grabbed Esther the chicken. I really want to do an Esther wall hanging, just hope I don't mess it up. It's a learning process! I love the new swap too. Thank you so much katsdar for all you do and everyone for swapping!

So much to sew. I'm in 2 block work along things, so I have lots and lots of fun going on.

remember you will see the mistakes before someone else does!!!
Well the blocks are 6x6, so 36 blocks total. 72x72 or so with no border yet. I had forgotten that I made so many extra but now I am happy. It is pretty big for a couch/ lap quilt but I think it would be very snuggable with the Hobbs Poly batting.

Yes I think it needed to be bigger, since this is a man quilt they need bigger stuff.
At last! Somebody can spell Esther correctly ! An ester is a chemical compound.

I haven't checked in for a few days and you lot have filled 5 pages with chat while I wasn't looking!
So glad I did this swap, the blocks look great when they are laid out, can't wait for mine to get here.
Just popping over to sign in for the next swap.
Yep, don't check in for a day and you get behind fast.

Back
Top Bottom