Crochet Square Swap - Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
gif00980.gif
Anyone interested in making some charity crochet or knit caps for preemies and kids with cancer? There are easy patterns for those preemie caps, just has to be really soft yarn and the chemo caps are fun because the kids like them wild, loopy, shaggy and all kiinds of yarn...I'll find a standard pattern for each if everyone is interested and we can start a thread for those..let me know if there is enough interest here..and if so, I'll start a thread on the forum to see who else we might gather up....could maybe run that project July and August and then again after the square swap ends...not def., just thinking aloud..what does everyone think about this idea? I love the chemo caps, they are a great spirit booster for those sick kids and seem like they would be fun to make. It wouldn't matter if they were knitted or crocheted and this might be a good effort to tie the crafters together on the forum too. There apparently is a Vanderbuilt Hospital and of course we have a Shriner's Hospital here in NC. Let me know!
smile.png

Last edited:
I'd be willing!! I 'm about to turn 50, too!! Perhaps chickens are a woman's midlife crisis??? Like DH's Corvette?

Scrambled, I'll keep my eyes open!

Nancy

Quote:
Yay!!!!
clap.gif
You received your squares!

If you go down the list the very organized list that Scrambled made the squares in your stack are in order of who made them according to the list. It looks like Ann (CityGirlinthe Country) did make the rainbow one. I love that yarn & pattern also.

That stitch I used for the border is a slip stitch. (I think that's what it is called??)

The avatar pic is my SLW girl Mrs. Blue. She was my very first pullet to lay an egg for me last yr. The pic was her trying to push out her first egg the day before she laid her first one. Poor thing, no privacy. No wonder she didn't lay it that day with me stalking her w/ a camera.
lau.gif

Oh, Scrambled I'm not complaining. I love my squares and received plenty. You did a GREAT JOB!!!!!! I was just stating that I didn't receive some people's, so I hope to see what they look like. I know there was no way to receive them all since the requirement was 20 and we had over 30 people in the SWAP. I bet I have some of theirs in the extra stack, but don't know who's they are. WHEW! You had a hard job. We'll all have to label them in the next swap.

I want to see pics of these bags ladies that you are making please. I still don't know what I'm going to make yet.

I'm busy w/ the garden to. It's a mess this yr. I'm struggling to gain control. It's really just now warm & dry enough to plant. Such weird weather this yr.

I got my squares yesterday, actually Monday they were at the PO, but never made it that far on Monday. We moved some cow/calf pairs to the pasture on Monday, and am getting ready for branding this weekend.

I don't think there is any way I can participate in the charity crochet til fall. Summer is always so much busier than winter on the ranch. Good luck with that though Darlene.

Thank you everyone. The squares are so beautiful. Thank you Darlene for the the markers.

Jada

Mrs. Blue is very cute
love.gif
I hope you still have her,,,,,,,she looks like Bantychickmoms silver pencilled cochin banty in that pic

Scrambled I hope it didnt sound like I was complaining,,,,,you did such a good job,,,,,,,more than I can take on,,,,,and the care that you put in to it is wonderful,,,,,even the card with the names on it was made with care and so special,,,,,,,the markers are soooo sweet,,,,,
I will participate in the caps for premies but dont think I will commit to a number,,,,,,,just do what I can,,,,,I have some really soft yarn that would be good for that but I do need a pattern with hook size and stuff ( crochet and learning challenged LOL)
big_smile.png

I am making a blanket with the squares,,,,got some super bulky tan (pheasant- red heart light and loftyy) yarn and multi colored cafe a latte yarn to join the squares,,,,put dc in tan around each square and then joined some how with cafe latte and am putting 3chain "puffies" around the edging
lol.png
I dont know all the crochet "lingo" yet,,,,I wish I was better with the "box to computer upload/download what not" stuff so I could show a pic!!!! maybe when I am done,,,,,I like it because when I join the squares with the cafe latte color it isnt too fancy and the yarn covers up my mistakes,,,its just back and forth chain 2 attach and back and thren if the squares dont match up I will skip a place or 2 and it seems to be turning out really nice and is warm too
lol.png
was FREEZING the other night,,,,,I did about 7 squares together now and with the ruffles on the outer edge too

Last edited:
I went back to read the 120 some pages to look at the pics of the people that posted their crochrt squares and I totally mixed up the stack
ep.gif
that Scrambles so painstakingly put together (sorry Darlene) OOPS
lol.png
o well I got some squares figured to peoples names---I think what I did was I had the stack upside down and then I took one square out of place and from there it was downhill
lau.gif

O Yeah Happy Birthday Darlene Late I am 50
tongue.png
too I must be the old one in the group my BD was quite a while ago

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks! I still have her and all the ones I started with last yr. I think Freida, one of my other SLW girls has prettier markings, but my whole flock is looking a little ragged right now thanks to my naughty roo Napoleon. He's a bad, bad boy!

Please post pics of your project in the BYC crochet club sec when you get a chance for all of us to see. That sounds so pretty the way you are tying it all together.

I haven't started connecting my squares yet.

I feel sure there will be enough interest in charity projects, even a combined knit & crochet effort but likely we should wait until after the Fall Square Swap since folks like to be outsdie so much in hot weather and hibernating and hookin seem to go together better! So keep it in mind and we'll crank that up after the swap ends.
wink.png

That sounds good. Maybe I can learn how to crochet the hats by then.

Scrambled, if you have a fav pattern site for the hats post it for us in case we have time to play w/ it over the summer.
smile.png

thanks!
Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom