Crochet Square Swap - Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preemie hats were me!! We can use hats with a brim width of 3"-6", any colors or yarns.

Our organization is a chapter of Threads of Love -

www.charlottethreadsoflove.org

If you have any you can send our way, you can mail them to:

TOL/Family of Faith Lutheran Church
240 Pitts School Rd
Concord, NC 28027

OR go to the national TOL website to find out if there is a chapter near you!!

www.threadsoflove.org

Oh, and have a wonderful birthday Darlene!!

Last edited:
Quote:
I'd be interested, but I would need a super easy pattern! Where would I find one??? This sounds like a GREAT idea!!!
BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
I turned 50 in January!
th.gif

Susan, it was you!!! I'm so sorry I forgot that!! And thank ya'll for the early birthday wishes!! I really appreciate them!

Sunny, I looked on that second link Arlee posted above and saw a section for patterns and that crocheted preemie hat is on there. I will look for a pattern I saved on either this or my work computer that had a pic of a white preemie hat and the patttern looked very simple. I'll hunt for it this weekend. I'll look for the basic chemo cap patterns too. I bet we all have cute embellishments to sew or crochet on those to make them fun. If we can time this project out so that these things are delviered near Christmas that would really brighten my holidays, likely ya'll's too! Looks like there might really be alot of interest....maybe by the time this is all a ready to be delivered deal we can get BYC to kick in some little shirts to go with the chemo caps as another part of the gift..hint, hint....!!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

How will we do it? Deliver a box of caps to our area Children's Hospital with a card from The BYC Online Crochet Club?
I mean how do we choose one of the so very many outstanding centers?

I used the link and found 3 different centers for our area. I think using local facilities would 'spread the wealth'.
But I do think a "Compliments of BYC members" card would be cute!

Quote:
In addition to the card, how about making the premie hats with little chicks on them for decorations?
jumpy.gif

I don't know how that could be organized if we used our local hospitals, that would be more of an individual thing...which would be fine as it sure serves the need. Maybe we should just figure a consistent way to mark them with a BYC tag, any ideas about that Terri? Is there a store logo type tag or can Rob photoshop one?

Are ya'll wanting to do this project now and until the swap starts or after the swap is over? What's the general consensus on the time frame here? I'm easy and either is fine with me.

And...how would you want to do this..as a group or individually?
wink.png

I am thinking it can be something to do in between stuff. I try to find a different craft to work on when I am sick-sick-sick of looking at my sewing machine.
I knit washcloths and toss them in a box while watching TV. The caps could be the same sort of thing and at Christmastime, we can send them to the Cancer Center of choice with a card.

That probably makes the most sense, maybe everyone just make some all along and we'll try to organize what we have and what we will do with it later on...maybe folks can post pics along the way to motivate others too!! Hopefully some of the knitters on the forum will get involved too..should I start another thread Terri and leave this one for the square swap?

Good idea to start a new thread.
And make it clear this not a required thing if you sign up, just somethign fun to do as a community of caring cluckers .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom