Crochet Square Swap - Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I work in a NICU (preemies and sick babies) and I would like to suggest making baby quilts or blankets. Most of what we get are either crocheted, knitted, or quilted, the quilted ones being either machine quilted or quilted with the yarn ties. Everyone really appreciates them. If a baby is small, it covers the incubator. When they move to a crib, it's their top cover. Then it goes home with them. The staff and the parents really love them. A good size would be 36 x 36 inches.

That's another cool idea, Seminolewind!
I like the idea of making itty bitty baby blankets.
I'm making one for my niece's doll right now.

I also like the idea of everyone making them as they go along and donating them locally. Then we'd be making a difference in our own communities and maybe making some new non-chicken friends (to then bring them over to the chicken-side).

That would be sweet Lori! I like those ideas too...maybe just post pictures all along so we can see what everyone has done..we have a specific thread for it...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=56675

so post pictures and comments about this in that thread please...love to see what everyone thinks about it!!
smile.png

Smitty's Farm :

Thanks Scrambled for starting a new thread for that sect.

Oh yes, Lori we want to see pics of cute little doll blanket.

It's a great big granny square! I just kept making rounds. It's not done, but it's about 1 foot to a side right now. I did it while awaiting my test results yesterday....​

Quote:
Bummer!
sad.png

I wonder if they are floating around in Post Office Land somewhere. Scrambled sent the remaining squares to everyone on Fri. I guess I received mine late Mon. afternoon.

I received some solid white, but not sure if it was from you are someone else. I've already mixed mine all up looking at diff combos trying to figure out what to make.

Give Scrambled a PM or E-mail.

Quote:
It's a great big granny square! I just kept making rounds. It's not done, but it's about 1 foot to a side right now. I did it while awaiting my test results yesterday....

Cool! Can't wait to see it. I have a few baby blankets that I started years ago and never ever finished. I guess I'll post pics of all my unfinished projects in the BYC crochet club thread soon.

On the airplane for the 8th grade trip I made a few granny squares w/ really bright spring colors just to have something to do. I let the kids pick what color to use, so they are pretty wild. Those can be another started project added to my unfinished pile.
lol.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom