Crop not responding to treatment

I ended up using the fennel seed tea, while waiting for the copper sulphate to arrive. It took 3 days, and she was clear!
Then the crop impacted again (I foolishly let her out to free-range). I used the tea again, and it cleared within a couple days
awesome , that’s great news ! i’m down to only 2 girls and they get supervised free range but my girl is addicted to grass so i spend a lot of that time chasing her around lol. i have bulk powder copper sulphate (bright blue) that i bought from a feed store to treat hoof problems would that be the same stuff ? where did you get yours (i’m in canada) and how much/ often and for how long did you dose ?

awesome , that’s great news ! i’m down to only 2 girls and they get supervised free range but my girl is addicted to grass so i spend a lot of that time chasing her around lol. i have bulk powder copper sulphate (bright blue) that i bought from a feed store to treat hoof problems would that be the same stuff ? where did you get yours (i’m in canada) and how much/ often and for how long did you dose ?
Let me tag @Wyorp Rock
I've never actually used the copper sulphate. I have it now, but didn't need to use it.

And I need to apologize to the OP. When I opened my notification - I thought this was my impacted crop thread. I thought redriding was asking me this question

hi, i just came across this and i am going thru the EXACT same thing and have been doing exactly what you did. i was considering doing and epsom salt flush but i’m curious about the copper sulphate

can you pls tell me exactly what you did ? i have powder form of blue copper sulphate that i use for my horses is that the same stuff ? would appreciate any information !
You've been given good advice on your own thread.

It takes time and diligence to resolve crop issues. If your hen has an impacted crop, then treat as impacted.

Acidified Copper Sulfate is very strong and is use to treat Sour Crop or Canker.

Back
Top Bottom