Crossroads of America Poultry Show: APA/ABA Joint National 2011

• I will be attending as a spectator.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will be attending as an exhibitor.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I will not be able to attend.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
is anyone going to crossrads that will be traveling through des moines or kansas city? please pm me!

Quote:
This summer we went to St. Louis from SE Arkansas with four of our kids, Catherine and I, a dozen birds to deliver and a 130# Anatolian Shepherd. It was a fun trip!

I'm surprised you aren't laughing like Woody Woodpecker before you arrive at final destination! That's too funny! I myself will drive anywhere with geese. They travel better than any kid, dog, or cat I've ever taken on long trips. The only animal right up there with them are rabbits.

try hauling 12 migget whites turkeys, and rosters and chickens in the back of a ford excursion on a little trip from FL to PA
everytime you stop for gas the roosters are giving you away and every body turns and look at you

I remember being out for a drive across town many years ago in my Volkswagen van to bring my pair of nubian goats to visit my daughter's school. She was in a closed-campus school for mentally and physically disabled children and they looked forward to regular visits from "Merrilee's animals". I had stopped at a light and a car pulled up beside me and the woman in it just stared and stared. The weather was beautiful and our windows were down. Finally she says to me, "Lady, I'm sorry, but them's some UGLY dawgs!". Then follows the indignant bleat -and where's that foolish emoticon. Just a minute.
ep.gif

The light changed and I had to pull into the nearest parking lot. I was laughing and crying to hard I couldn't see! It was priceless!​

Well, I wasn't laughing like Woody last year when I had a carload of Calls and had to make a sidetrip on my way home from Wisconsin by way of Iowa before I got back to Illinois. By the time I stopped for dinner at the Iowa 80 truck stop, my head was thumping with a migraine and all I could hear anymore was the AAAAAAA! AAAAAAA! AAAAAAAA! of female Calls screaming in my ear! One prime offender yelled for the whole trip. I have since found that they love talk radio and are much quieter when the radio is on...but if my cell rings and I start talking, they can keep a running commentary, depending on how tired they are! And all bets are off in any drive-through, they want to place their own orders!

I have also figured out who the "bad kids" are, including my main offender, and they go in the back, the quiet "goody two-shoes" ride behind the driver's seat...so yes, anyone seeing me loading up at a show, there is a definite method to my madness and how I load my van! Such is one of those times when there is something to be said for having more drakes than strictly necessary...they can make much better carpool buddies!​

Quote:
I would say, when the sale birds arrive. Most shows will allow exhibitors to coop in the sale area the same time as the show area. Have not seen anything official, just the showroom opens at Noon Thursday.

Quote:
Live birds in a Volkswagen Jetta??? Probably not!
tongue.png
I'm looking for hatching eggs as well. Cuckoo Marans. Would LOVE to get a PM from someone that will have some to sell at Crossroads ....

Live Birds in a VW Jetta is very workable! Where is your sense of adventure?!?!
bun.gif

FYI, my primary vehicle is a VW Jetta and yes, I have traveled to poultry shows with plenty of birds in said Jetta. It is quite doable. I have been to Susquehanna, MD; Frederick, MD; Delmarva (DE); Sussex, NJ; and NE Poultry Congress (MA) in the Jetta. Think I took about 10 birds to the congress last Jan in the Jetta. Oh yeah, it's possible. :p

That said, I'm taking the Ford dually pickup to Crossroads.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom