Crows

bizzyme123

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 21, 2010
Dover, Ar
Just curious if anyone has problems with crows bothering their chickens; I read a post that said a crow killed this lady's Silkie. The crows never bother my chickens. I always heard they chase away hawks...true?

Yes they do indeed help chase Hawks away. I've seen it first hand a few times. As for killing chickens I find it very hard to believe they would kill adult birds. I've had a few steal eggs before and some people have had them take chicks but I've never heard of adult birds.

Thanks for that; I have 3 Crow that come around every day and they land right in the middle of the chickens and just eat feed and fly off; I think the lady that lost an adult chicken to a "Crow" much have really seen a Hawk . Makes me feel better. I have never had a problem. Never hurts to ask though..................ty..

They kill goslings here......up to about three weeks old. They wait until one wonders off and then they spear it and wait until it is OK to eat it without the mother going crazy on them.

Walt

We have tons of crows, they are getting rather brave and stealing a bit of the chickens scraps some times, but they spend so much time harassing the hawks I doubt a hawk would try anything with one of our chickens. It seems like the crows "own" our garden.

Well it seems the overall opinion is that Crows mainly want the chicken feed or eggs. I guess any bird that is really hungry would kill a chick if they got the opportunity but I sure don't need hawks in the mix. Thanks everyone....

Well it seems the overall opinion is that Crows mainly want the chicken feed or eggs. I guess any bird that is really hungry would kill a chick if they got the opportunity but I sure don't need hawks in the mix. Thanks everyone....

Yea you should be ok with the crows, we have TONS of Bluejays & Crows around here, I swear they are so freaking LOUD!!! & annoying!!! sometimes; B U T....if they keep away hawks....they're an ally in my book!!!! I do notice them alot in our chicken pen messing w/the scraps but our RIR hens run em off pretty good. I seriously doubt they'd go for anything bigger than my 4 month old wyandottes - (I HOPE
hide.gif
) lol, they are growing bigger than my lil whitey leghorn now

Back
Top Bottom