CS15 -- The Official Michigan Chicken Stock Information Thread for June 20, 2015

RaZ

Free Ranging
12 Years
Apr 20, 2011
Paradise, MI
Once again we are pleased to announce that Michigan will be having our annual Third Saturday in June event known as Chicken Stock. Or for those who like abbreviations, CS15

As usual, the event will be held at Delta Mills Park in Lansing on June 20 from 10:00 to 3:00.
The park is located at:

7001 Old River Trail
1-1/2 miles north on Canal off Saginaw, and 1/2 mile east on Old River Trail

Lansing

Come to this thread to sign up, add your dish to pass and to volunteer to help with set-up and clean-up.
This thread will also serve as gateway for the swap meet information and who our guest speaker may be. Other information will also be posted as it comes in.

Please note that after a period of time, the originator of this thread loses the ability to go back and edit the OP. So the most current updates are contained on my "member's page" located at
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/...ng-the-michigan-chicken-stock-picnic-and-swap

Please SUBSCRIBE to that page and this one to get the latest information regarding CS15

Feel free to post here or PM me with any questions or comments.

Last edited:
It's not that simple to "try it in the fall" As John said, the Pavillion is paid for. Too late for a refund. Pavillion is booked for the season. Why can't everyone just settle down and just look at it as a picnic? Still talk about chickens and still have great food! This will actually give us time to visit and get to know each other, which was difficult when everyone was running around looking and buying chickens! Makes me sad that the chickens are more important than meeting the people behind the chickens!!

No problem at all for some not coming, LOL! I personally have a great friend that has come for years and decided not to ride down with me. I just hope more people can make it than not. I know there a few people that make last minute plans to come. I would like to see a few of the people that missed the last few years come back.

PK, I'm going to bug, er, ask, Laura one more time and remind her the dessert table just won't be the same...

In any case, nobody should feel bad about the whole thing, God forbid my truck break down, or I get sick - I'd never here the end of it, ha ha!

Who has the raffle tickets, sign-up book, name tags, etc? Not sure who took that stuff home. We'll just need to make sure it's brought.

For everyone's information there is a raffle. There is NO dollar amount associated with your entry. If you want to participate it's simple - you bring one (1) item to put on the table, homemade, store bought - it does not matter. I usually put a bottle of my Maple Syrup on the table. If you noticed the picture I posted the other day that painted egg was on the table courtesy of Glambka. Use your imagination.

There is also a "collection" jar if anyone wants to drop in a little something. The rental of the pavilion is not free. There is NO requirement that you do this however.

You can sell/swap items there. Chickens, small animals, homemade stuff, etc. I usually sell Maple Syrup, bunnies, whatever. It's also a good time to bring unwanted roos and such as there is usually people that come just fro those items. There may be a thread starting soon for you to list your swap/seel, or wanted items.

What else?
I have that stuff.

I'll be there..not sure about Steve,he'll probably be working.

If we need more name tags, I can print more of the ones I made last year that say "Chickenstock" & have little chicken pix on them.

Don't forget one important thing, since we have to rent the pavilion for this event, the cost has to come from someone's pocket. In the last couple years we've asked for donations to help reimburse the person covering this expense. So, please plan to bring some extra cash to help.

Brett and I will be attending again this year. I am not sure what to share for the potluck though.
Me either!! I was thinking some bottle water and some doritos lol. Everytime i go to potluck things people ask me to bring bottled water or doritos...i have no idea why...and no it isnt my cooking they have never had anything i've cooked.

I will be at CS this year bringing food and egg art for the raffle table, for sale, and for swapping.

Just a reminder to anyone who may be able to provide eggs for art this year. I am interested in any types of eggs, please PM me if you might have eggs. I am only interested in eggs which are infertile, or those which would not be used for breeding as I would not take away from the breeding process. I can use eating eggs.

We can work out a price. If you are interested in swapping for art, arrangements must be made in advance so I can be prepared.

Eggs I am most interested in: turkey, guinea hen, quail, pheasant, duck, almost any type chicken.

Here's a couple links for you to check out my artwork.

[https://www.etsy.com/shop/GoldenEggPysanky/sold?ref=shopinfo_sales_leftnav

http://www.marthastewart.com/1062616/original-easter-eggs-ukranian-pysanky-eggs

Thanks! Gail

I will be at CS this year bringing food and egg art for the raffle table, for sale, and for swapping.

Just a reminder to anyone who may be able to provide eggs for art this year. I am interested in any types of eggs, please PM me if you might have eggs. I am only interested in eggs which are infertile, or those which would not be used for breeding as I would not take away from the breeding process. I can use eating eggs.

We can work out a price. If you are interested in swapping for art, arrangements must be made in advance so I can be prepared.

Eggs I am most interested in: turkey, guinea hen, quail, pheasant, duck, almost any type chicken.

Here's a couple links for you to check out my artwork.

[https://www.etsy.com/shop/GoldenEggPysanky/sold?ref=shopinfo_sales_leftnav

http://www.marthastewart.com/1062616/original-easter-eggs-ukranian-pysanky-eggs

Thanks! Gail

That egg art is fabulous! :clap

Back
Top Bottom