CS15 -- The Official Michigan Chicken Stock Information Thread for June 20, 2015

:( It's hard to break those habits for a while... after 5 years, I just got new dogs. I didn't get a Lab, to many memories. I got 2 GSP, brother and sister, AKC pure. They are beautiful, so smart, so much fun. The male (Richter)  is chocolate and white with chocolate face and the female (Recht)  has the same chocolate face with the matching white line down the snout but she has much liver color also, they are 12 weeks today! I have had them for 3 weeks. It's fun to train them only in German, they can't be lured/taught/scolded or disciplined by anyone but me. (ha ha). I will allow Recht one litter per year and Richter may stud any time (when they are old enough of course). I'll put up pics soon. They have already learned to guard chickens and cats and when they're big enough, they will hunt the foxes who keep shopping in my yard for chickens, I've lost 3 this year but none since the dogs got here.:)

Hi, Batty. I have to ask what are GSP? I tried to figure it out, but I give!!! They sound awesome if they are guard dogs for chickens. I need that, but now we have the two labs and hubby thinks that is enough. Someday...

Hi new here but wanting to attend this event. What dish should I bring? What all can I bring? Just birds ? Not really sure how it works and I am really excited

@payner
@needmorechicks

Here is a member page I developed for CS 16, please sign up by leaving a comment of who is coming, if you are bringing a dish to pass, items for the raffle, and if you are bringing animals, poultry, other items to show.

Here is the new event thread:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ken-stock-information-thread-for-june-11-2016

And here is the link to the Chickenstock member page for updated attendance, etc:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/michigan-chickenstock-event-page

BE SURE TO SUBSCRIBE TO BOTH LINKS FOR THE BEST UPDATE INFO.
^^ it's in that

Uchytil and Cindy A will be attending.
Uchytil will volunteer as a photag and Cindy A will help with the raffle.
Food for the potluck - Not sure at present, so you can update later?

Who has the raffle tickets, sign-up book, name tags, etc? Not sure who took that stuff home. We'll just need to make sure it's brought.

For everyone's information there is a raffle. There is NO dollar amount associated with your entry. If you want to participate it's simple - you bring one (1) item to put on the table, homemade, store bought - it does not matter. I usually put a bottle of my Maple Syrup on the table. If you noticed the picture I posted the other day that painted egg was on the table courtesy of Glambka. Use your imagination.

There is also a "collection" jar if anyone wants to drop in a little something. The rental of the pavilion is not free. There is NO requirement that you do this however.

You can sell/swap items there. Chickens, small animals, homemade stuff, etc. I usually sell Maple Syrup, bunnies, whatever. It's also a good time to bring unwanted roos and such as there is usually people that come just fro those items. There may be a thread starting soon for you to list your swap/seel, or wanted items.

What else?

Back
Top Bottom