CS15 -- The Official Michigan Chicken Stock Information Thread for June 20, 2015

I don't like Philadelphia either.
wink.png
Nobody likes Philly!! They're a bunch of grumps!! Heck, they pelted Santa Claus with snowballs there.

Yes, a nice time sitting & chatting ..sorry you haven't been sleeping batty..
That is kind of my life..so I know where you're coming from

Just got back from the vet about 2 hours ago..had to put our Rottie to sleep. I am MISERABLE...my first dog...this $UCK$...

Oh, :( how heartbreaking. I'm sorry, our dogs are such an integral part of our families, it hurts the same as losing a person. In my sig, the beautiful lab, he got killed by one lone truck speeding down our dirt road, he was only 3 yrs. I feel your pain. I hope you feel better soon.
hugs.gif

Oh, :( how heartbreaking. I'm sorry, our dogs are such an integral part of our families, it hurts the same as losing a person. In my sig, the beautiful lab, he got killed by one lone truck speeding down our dirt road, he was only 3 yrs. I feel your pain. I hope you feel better soon. :hugs

Thanks, batty...
Yep it's been tough; though, admittedly, him being so old, we knew it was coming (but it still hurts). So sorry about ur lab, so young...

There are still so many things I automatically go to do, like giving him the empty ice cream container, a a lamb chop bone...

:( It's hard to break those habits for a while... after 5 years, I just got new dogs. I didn't get a Lab, to many memories. I got 2 GSP, brother and sister, AKC pure. They are beautiful, so smart, so much fun. The male (Richter) is chocolate and white with chocolate face and the female (Recht) has the same chocolate face with the matching white line down the snout but she has much liver color also, they are 12 weeks today! I have had them for 3 weeks. It's fun to train them only in German, they can't be lured/taught/scolded or disciplined by anyone but me. (ha ha). I will allow Recht one litter per year and Richter may stud any time (when they are old enough of course). I'll put up pics soon. They have already learned to guard chickens and cats and when they're big enough, they will hunt the foxes who keep shopping in my yard for chickens, I've lost 3 this year but none since the dogs got here.
smile.png

:( It's hard to break those habits for a while... after 5 years, I just got new dogs. I didn't get a Lab, to many memories. I got 2 GSP, brother and sister, AKC pure. They are beautiful, so smart, so much fun. The male (Richter)  is chocolate and white with chocolate face and the female (Recht)  has the same chocolate face with the matching white line down the snout but she has much liver color also, they are 12 weeks today! I have had them for 3 weeks. It's fun to train them only in German, they can't be lured/taught/scolded or disciplined by anyone but me. (ha ha). I will allow Recht one litter per year and Richter may stud any time (when they are old enough of course). I'll put up pics soon. They have already learned to guard chickens and cats and when they're big enough, they will hunt the foxes who keep shopping in my yard for chickens, I've lost 3 this year but none since the dogs got here.:)

Hi, Batty. I have to ask what are GSP? I tried to figure it out, but I give!!! They sound awesome if they are guard dogs for chickens. I need that, but now we have the two labs and hubby thinks that is enough. Someday...

I am new...what is Chicken stock? I assume a swap meet for chicken and chicken products?
Yes, we hold it every June near Lansing. This year it is held on June 11th at Delta Mills Park. I believe another thread will be started for sign up to bring food to share or items for the raffle :) Also people will list the type of animals or items will be brought for purchase as well. Donations accepted to offset the park fee. It's reserved from 10 to 3pm and there is a pavillion.

Edited to reflect the correct day, sorry about that.

Last edited:
I thought it was June 11, 2016? Better move this to the Michigan page until we get an official 2016 CS page?

Back
Top Bottom